HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Amgen Research and Development IS is looking for a talented Data Engineer with innovated mind, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. This role will be part of the new technical product team, develop data ingestion and transformation pipelines for clinical data from various data sources into enterprise data lake and build both front and back-end tech component using cloud and AI technology to enable advance data analytics across various business functions.
The Data Engineer will be based in Amgen’s Thousand Oaks location in California.
- Be a key team member in design, development and deployment of the data pipeline for clinical domain dataset
- As Infrastructure programmer, continuously develop and support Data Scientist R-Platform and integration with various technology (Kubenete Container, Hashicorp Vault, SAS Storage, and Data Science Work Bench)
- Design and build various reusable program components using innovative technology (NLP, AI, Python, R etc) to transform and harmonize clinical dataset for insight generation
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME’s, and Data Scientists to gather the business requirement and translate into Agile product backlog
- Serve as primary data engineer to manage and support AWS, Databricks, and RStudio platform and cloud AI based system production DevOps
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Able to explore new tools, technologies that will help to streamline data pipeline and add new durable capability for clinical development
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Data Engineering and/or and Software Engineering experience
Associate’s degree 6 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
High school diploma and 8 years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- Experience with software development (Python, R preferred), end-to-end system design
- Experience with data modeling for both relationship databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred PostgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- Ability to learn quickly, be organized and detail oriented
- Hands on support and platform development experience with Databricks and RStudio, Kubenete Container and Hashcore Vault is a plus
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins
- Experience on AWS, familiar with EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway
- Experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Spark
- Experience with UI Visualization technology (Dash, RSConnect, Tableau preferred)
- Experience with Pharmaceutical industry, Clinical trial design and development
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.