The Global R&D Data Analyst is responsible for the design and development of performance and financial reporting and analysis to drive key business decisions in R&D. Data extraction, analysis and transformation are key job responsibilities as well as an ability to understand and present data in a meaningful way to a variety of internal stakeholders. The individual in this role will be responsible for providing robust operational insight to the R&D leadership team in order to enable high performance, course-correction and continuous improvement. They are also accountable for producing MI on productivity, capacity, velocity, and quality of R&D activities and for proactively providing budget, forecast and actuals data in a format which can be easily interrogated and interpreted and enables the senior management team to make sound business decisions.
The successful candidate will also make sound recommendations and suggestions to senior stakeholders based on robust analysis. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and a bias toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. In this role you will be part of the R&D Project Management Office team that leads investment planning and management processes for the R&D team. You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility and interaction with product leadership as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing organization. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment.
- COD (cost of development)
- Follow up on activities related to the monthly financial closing
- Drive program financial performance analysis and reporting across KCS software programs and R&D initiatives
- collaborate, prepare and publish documentation on R&D Budget, Accruals, Last Estimate Forecast Cycles, Revenue Recognition
- Support Global Director of the R&D Project Management Office prepare monthly/Qtrly R&D Program Business Reviews
- Prepare labour analysis at the end of month including R&D Operating and Productivity Review and Regional Market Business Review R&D financial updates
- Manage the controlling and financial reporting of assigned R&D initiatives in accordance with internal control rules.
- Control and have at all times full knowledge of all financial movements within the program scope, ensuring they are correctly and accurately reported
- Ensure accuracy of actuals and cost to complete data of KCS software programs and initiatives
- Anticipate and evaluate variances against Budget; identify KPIs that require constant control against goals.
- Communicate, as soon as possible, any variance in estimate at completion
- Support the R&D team in the controlling/financial management of their work packages (sprints and burn down) and product releases
- Support the Product Management team in the analysis and preparation of documentation on capacity, work package (sprints burn down) & release review with the program
- Participate on the R&D Tax Credit requirements
- Respond to any other internal or external audit requests
- Support management in any ad-hoc requests, including preparing information for presentations and respond to requests from KCS Corporate
- Design robust, meaningful, scalable and repeatable management reporting suites
- Provide actuate and timely forecast and actuals data with well thought-out commentary for all R&D business units globally.
- Own the relevant meetings and cadences for planning and reviewing forecasts and actuals within R&D
- Work with stakeholders globally to provide actuate reports and commentaries
- Be flexible, pro-active and agile to accommodate changing priorities within reporting and analysis activities.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions
- Responsible for velocity chart reporting for all R&D delivery teams
- Responsible for departmental resourcing and capacity planning
- Responsible for accurate and timely productivity reporting for R&D delivery teams
- Ensuring that information provided for the Tax Credits submissions is accurate and timely.
- BS Degree in Business Administration; Accounting; Economics, Data Analytics
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant project experience, including long and complex project control
- Strong data analysis skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Capability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as agreed
- Experience of resource planning against the prioritised portfolio of projects and ability to work with the PMO and business to manage project resource needs
- Ability to monitor and report on project budgets across the portfolio at stakeholder and Sponsor levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office. Ability to use SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
Kerridge Commercial Systems (KCS) is the market leader in developing and delivering fully integrated business management solutions for distributors, suppliers, resellers, wholesalers and merchants. Our mission is simple: to design, implement and support high performance systems that enable our customers to source effectively, stock efficiently, sell profitably and service competitively. Kerridge is an award winning and market leading provider of IT solutions to rental companies worldwide.
KCS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires us to adjust the recruiting process please do advise us when contacted.
To all recruitment agencies: KCS does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers site or direct to KCS employee. KCS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.