- Commission on Excellence and Innovation in Health – Clinical Informatics Directorate
- Salary: $117,954 to $121,992 - AOS8 - Full Time / Term Contract (Temporary up to 30 June 2024)
- The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for leading the strategic planning, development, management and evaluation of complex projects and services that integrate and standardise data assets, create faster data access, a consistent ‘version of the truth’ and vastly improved time-to-solution for clinical informatics initiatives. The role leads the building, management and optimisation of data pipelines, moving them effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers including clinicians, business managers, data analysts, data scientists and the community.
- The Senior Data Engineer leads and works collaboratively with team members and customers to understand requirements and delivers technical consultancy to the development of solution recommendations. The role is also responsible for ensuring activities comply with data governance and data security requirements and the Clinical Informatics Directorate (CID) agreed development and configuration standards as well as the data architecture and model design. Considered an expert in the field, a strong component of this role is the proactive leadership and development of staff within and outside the team.
- The position operates in a complex technical environment and provides customer focussed services to consumers including clinicians, the Minister, operational managers and executives to facilitate data driven decisions which ensure appropriate, safe and quality services for patients within the public health system in South Australia and beyond.
- The Clinical Informatics Directorate (CID) values innovation, excellence, collaboration, knowledge sharing, transparency, accountability and respect.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and appropriate immunisation requirements. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 831493
Criminal History Screening Requirement
- A National Police Certificate (NPC) for employment involving no contact with vulnerable groups is required for this position (general employment)
Immunisation Risk for this position is - Category C (minimal patient contact)
SA Health Services are required to implement the Addressing vaccine preventable disease: Occupational assessment, screening and vaccination policy in the workplace.
Clinical Informatics Director
Phone: 08 8226 0883
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 06 June 2023
- 831493 - Senior Data Engineer - Clinical Informatics Directorate – Role Description.pdf
- Australian applicant guidelines
- International applicant guidelines