Want to work on social issues? Excited about solving new problems at an unheard-of scale? The OPTech Data Science team in Facebook’s Legal organization is looking for a Data Scientist who can apply their expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how Facebook users interact with our consumer and business products. Mine massive amounts of data and perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights. Develop data pipelines with automated, machine-learning systems that convert noisy core datasets into powerful signals of user behavior. Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems. Partner with Integrity ML engineers, Research Scientist and Engineers to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities. Design and implement dashboards and reports that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups. Work across areas of Counter Terrorism, Child Safety, Organized Crime, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Corruption, and Ethics & Compliance to keep our platform safe.
- Use Machine Learning (ML) techniques to build solutions
- Work with large-scaled data sets and perform ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Use scripting language: PHP or Python for model development
- Perform statistical analysis using R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
- Perform large scale data processing using distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, or MPI)
- Perform Quantitative analysis techniques: clustering, regression, pattern recognition, or descriptive and inferential statistics
- Communicate and present results to stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of experience using machine learning techniques
- Programming experience: Python,PHP, and/or Java
- Experience with algorithm evaluation and determination of success criteria
- PhD in a quantitative discipline
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.