ENGIE are recruiting for a Data Engineer to be based in Leeds. This is a permanent full time role working 37 hours per week. Working is flexible although standard office hours (8:30am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am – 4:30pm Friday) are expected. Salary is dependent upon skills and experience.
You will be part of an established IT team having recently undergone a transformation and now looking to align and mature its Cloud estate to the wider Engie group. Our Enterprise business applications span across both Microsoft Azure and AWS providing an excellent opportunity to grow your existing cloud skills.
You will gain experience in:
- Managing Azure subscriptions and AWS accounts including budgets and expenditure
- Managing Cloud governance and security
- Designing, implementing/migrating business applications in the cloud
- Contributing to architectural and infrastructure design
- Working with and defining our IaC library*
- Developing CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
To aid in your career development you will have access to Engie’s global training network offering both comprehensive self-taught e-learning as well as regular Microsoft and AWS partner led courses and certification paths.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
What we are looking for:
- Moderate understanding of cloud technologies and principles preferably with a minimum of 12 months working in either Azure or AWS
- Experience working with version control and integration platforms such as Azure DevOps or AWS Developer Tools and an understanding of CI/CD best practice
- Scripting experience through PowerShell and/or Azure/AWS CLI
- Experience working with medium/large Enterprise level application databases (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience working with web applications (cloud or on-prem architecture)
- A keen interest in seeking, learning, and applying new cloud technologies
Preferred / not essential:
- BSc/MSc degree (in Computer Science or related area) or an equivalent
- A current Microsoft/AWS Associate level certification
- Experience administering and operating medium/large enterprise infrastructure and services in public cloud environments, including configuring backup, monitoring, patching and security of cloud resources
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.