About our client:
Our client is a prominent Australian organization specializing in the Insurance sector, specifically across healthcare and a broad range of other personal insurance products.
With a reputation predicated on the quality of service to their customers and offering unparalleled career opportunities to its employees, this company has become a destination of choice for the very best talent in Sydney.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working with industry-leading teams with expertise in machine learning and AI. You will work alongside a small but strong Data engineering team and with key members of the commercial team to help solves several challenges across both Fraud and Operational efficiency.
The successful candidate:
- Experience leveraging statistical programming languages (R and/or Python for analyses)
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferably Power BI
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with advanced statistical methods generally, and particularly in the areas of predictive modeling and machine learning
- Strong Machine Learning expertise, a proven capability in solving commercial problems through the utilization of advanced analytics.
- Hands-on development skills with R or Python.
- Good understanding of data engineering principles working with big data technology.
- Well experienced working in cloud environments, ideally with the Azure data stack.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Previous experience in the insurance or healthcare sectors is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the insurance claims process would be extremely beneficial.
What's on offer?
A package of up to $140,000 + super is offer. In addition, the successful candidate will play a key role in analytics projects to drive the team and to catapult your career to the next level.