This is Us:
We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With more than 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Spireon is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to assist in data integration, data processing, data quality, and data reporting development to meet the strategic and operational needs of the organization.
You reflect Spireon’s Core Values:
Adaptable/Resilient – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity.
Customer’s Guide – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met.
Go Higher- You are not happy with the status quo, like to push the envelope and engage in stretch projects.
Team Player- You are a collaborator, invite feedback from colleagues, and naturally do the right thing for the team.
- Work with the data team and software developers to maintain legacy and vNext reporting databases.
- Use advanced visualization software (such as Tableau) to create meaningful graphical displays of data and tell compelling stories with reports.
- Work with the data team in the data preparation, data quality, reporting, and analytic tasks required to meet business needs and requirements.
- Assist in the design of dashboard representation of various data, clearly showing data driven cut-offs and threshold criteria.
- Implement testing strategies to ensure consistency between data collection sources, data warehouse database, reports, and interfaces.
- Identify root cause of data integrity issues and implement corrective action through strong partnerships with development team and database administrators.
- Provide sophisticated analysis and output in the form of reports and data tables to meet operational needs.
- Work with multiple, large datasets (primarily SQL, MySQL, MongoDB and ElasticSearch) as needed to drive analytic, graphical, and reporting solutions.
- Maintain database and reporting documentation.
- Continuously assess reporting efficiency and effectiveness and areas of improvement.
- Additional and/or alternative data-oriented duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Data Science, Statistics, or Mathematics related field.
- 5 plus years hands-on data analysis or research experience, which includes working with advanced visualization software; Knowledge of Birst software highly desirable.
- Proficient with programming languages such as Java, Python or Scala
- Understanding of database structure and strong SQL skills a must,
- Strong database knowledge of MySQL, Mongo DB, RedShift or Snowflake
- Experience with unstructured data (preferably JSON) and NoSQL desired.
- Ability to communicate complex data patterns and solutions through graphical display.
- Comfortable with ambiguity inherent in large, complex datasets, and possess the skills to generate multiple effective solutions.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to existing data analysis and data reporting problems.
- Proficiency using analytic software; specific experience using Tableau highly desirable.
- Must be able to conceptualize and perform data analysis as well as have experience in generating custom reports; knowledge of Excel necessary.
- Experience with cloud storage solution (AWS S3, Microsoft Azure) a big plus
- Experience with database infrastructure and architecture (i.e., clustering, failover, high availability, monitoring, etc.)
- Experience with Splunk and ElasticSearch
- Domain knowledge of Telematics industry a plus
- Winner of 2019, 2018 IoT Innovator Awards & 2017, 2018 Stevie Award for Customer Excellence
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Wellness and Professional Development Programs and Spireon University
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events