You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Come join The Hartford’s talented Sales and Distribution (S&D) IT team as Sr Data Engineer to help drive the data vision aligned to the business strategy!! We are seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Senior Software Engineer to support projects in an agile environment. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills accompanied with proven experience in delivering quality technical solutions, as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision. In addition, candidates must have an aptitude to understand existing processes and systems and the desire to continually improve these processes and systems. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide technical leadership by enabling the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment
- Assisting architects in designing and implementing application integration involving a range of applications from third party off premise cloud applications to on premise legacy applications
- Understand and implement the technical vision for projects, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, organizational impacts and architecture rationalization
- Operate as a subject matter expert advocating for the software applications supported. Possess a depth and breadth of knowledge for the application’s business, technologies, integration.
- Responsible for end to end technical solution, goes beyond borders to ensure success of overall technical solution. Works closely with vendor software providers to drive optimal solutions.
- Directly develop application components and oversee technical deliverables from junior Developers through the software development life cycle
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
- Mentor and train project team members (including sourcing partners)
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and sourcing partners
- Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support
Qualifications of the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with at least six or more years of programming/systems analysis developing integration solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL services, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with relational databases such as: Oracle, SQL Server, and PL/SQL
- Ability to leverage native integration capabilities of commercial off-the-shelf software
- Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications
- Agile development framework and DevOps implementation experience a strong plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Data Engineer - GE07BE