We are looking for a hardworking Senior Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team. The ideal candidate has significant experience in building scalable data platforms that enable analytics, data science and data products. You must have strong, hands-on technical expertise in a variety of technologies and the proven track record to fashion robust, scalable solutions. You should have a passion for continuous quality improvement.
We embrace a wide variety of technologies and work very closely with data scientists and business partners to deliver end to end solutions. Although this is an individual contributor role, we are a tightly knit team who widely collaborate with one another. If you are interested in a fast paced environment, the latest technologies, and fun data problems, come join us!
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We're redefining the workplace experience through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
- Design and develop big data applications using a variety of different technologies.
- Develop logical and physical data models for big data platforms.
- Automate workflows using Apache Airflow.
- Write data pipelines using Apache Hive, Apache Spark.
- Create solutions on AWS using services such as Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis etc.
- Participate in rotational on-call support.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing systems.
- Learn our business domain and technology infrastructure quickly.
- Document, share your knowledge freely and proactively with others in the team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with developing data warehouse solutions and data products.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, etc.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in modeling and designing schema for data lakes or for RDBMS platforms.
- 2+ years of experience using Python as a programming language.
- Experience with scripting languages: Perl, Shell, etc.
- Practice working with, processing, and managing large data sets (multi TB/PB scale).
- Exposure to test driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Background in Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to add to our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Nice To Have
- Experience building customer facing products, machine learning pipelines or data products.
- Experience working with Tableau, Looker or other data visualization software.
- Familiarity with AWS or GCS technologies.
- Ability to program in multiple programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, JS, Scala, etc
- Be passionate about or have contributed to open sourced engineering projects in the past.
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage.
- Equity Incentives in our parent company's ADR (Recruit Holdings, Stock ID: 6098T).
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future.
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off.
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor's mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo.
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- GRIT: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental to us walking the talk as we advocate for transparency everywhere. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.