When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As our Data Engineer Lead you will provide guidance to the software engineering team in creating new and enhancing existing security risk applications using .Net/C# with HTML/CSS, MS SQL, AJAX technologies. These applications import data from and integrate with existing internal applications and databases. You will join a high performing development team and interact with Subject Mater Experts (SME) insecurity, compliance, and legal teams to translate requirements into new functionality.
Your responsibilities will be providing technical guidance related to the design, development, support, and maintenance of IT security infrastructure applications using .Net/C#, and integration with 3rd party data visualization / analytics software packages. This includes mentoring team members on increasing their development skills to create code that has the highest degree of accuracy and performance, with the easiest maintainability in a highly agile development team. This role is an individual contributor role.
- Provide advice, guidance and coordination to a cross functional team to meet objectives in a timely manner.
- Create recommendations using strong analytical skills to interpret data and effectively communicate recommendations to the leadership team and follow through with accountability.
- Establish architectural direction from a platform perspective.
- Ensure new data interfaces meet business requirements for content, accuracy, and availability at the interface level and retain the overall performance, availability, and integrity of the main platform.
- Ensure new functionality meets business requirements for content, accuracy, and availability at the interface level and retain the overall performance, availability, and integrity of the main platform.
- Ensure all development on the main platform meets Verizon security standards and are tested on a regular basis.
Where you'll be working...
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person trainings and meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience in development of .Net/C# applications with HTML/CSS, MS SQL, AJAX technologies.
- Net/C# (2.0-3.5) in Visual Studio 2005-2016 experience.
- Knowledge of application and network security, and work well in a small highly productive team.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Foresight to organize data structures for maximum performance in all usage modes, especially reporting.
- Ability to design SQL schema to match the needs of a large database driven application.
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Knowledge of application security risk assessments processes.
- Knowledge of network and application vulnerability assessment processes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task.
- Knowledge of network design and administration.
- Client interaction and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Object oriented development and design patterns experience.
- Experience and intelligence to architect large/complex systems end-to-end.
- Ability to design creative UI structures that maximize work flow efficiency and automation for the end user.
- Ability to be a self-starter with the ability to run with assignments independently when tasked.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).