The Microsoft Teams Data Science team's charter is to foster a data-driven culture to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. Our data and analytics team works closely with engineering, marketing, finance, and business leaders to identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and accelerate our business's growth in support of this mission. This is a unique opportunity to bring your knowledge of enterprise software offerings, as well as your understanding of data science methods and best practices, to help Microsoft deliver the best experience possible for our customers and partners.
We are a modern product and services organization, one of the largest business & consumer services on the planet, with over 300 million monthly active users. Data scientists on this team will be part of the broader data science team, and specific product teams focused on tangible and immediate business impact.
This position will be based in India, working with a product team also based in India. The person in this role will own the data science functions for Teams investment areas, including mobile clients, search, and content discovery experiences.About Our Culture:
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are looking for you to bring a fresh perspective and your unique voice to our team.Responsibilities
- Work with other teams across Microsoft to develop key metrics to achieve business outcomes.
- Work cross functionally to translate business problems into ones that can be solved and informed by data.
- Have curiosity and apply analytical skills to dive deep into data to find key insights that impact the business.
- Develop models of usage, user behavior & business behavior to make recommendations and influence the product road map.
- Be a champion of AB testing. Design, execute and analyze experiments to prove product change attribution.
- Utilize tools like SQL, R, Python to execute analyses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 5+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Master's Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 3+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 1+ year(s) data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results) OR equivalent experience.
- 7+ years leveraging passion for and understanding the need to deliver the right business impact by working with stakeholders to turn business problems into data analysis questions and unearthing deep insights from data.
- Experience as a data scientist for an online service, app, or Web site with millions of users. Experience working on an online collaboration, video conference, or messaging product is a plus.
- Have a track record of innovative thinking and problem-solving skills using Big Data.
- Have the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
- 7+ years leveraging the practical uses of statistics (i.e. experimentation, statistical modeling)
- Professional experience with large-scale computing systems like Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or similar systems.
- 7+ years of professional experience in SQL, R, Python, or related tools for large-scale analysis.
- Ability to convince others of their ideas and communicate complex analysis & insights to a non-technical audience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.