Lifespark is a complete senior health company headquartered in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Since 2004, we’ve been helping seniors stay healthy, navigate their health care options with confidence, and live fuller, more independent lives as they age. That’s where our people come in – from accounting and health technology to front-line nurses, advanced practice professionals, caregivers and everything in between, we are all invested entrepreneurs focused on helping people age magnificently.
Our Lifespark culture has created not only an award-winning workplace — earning Star Tribune Top Workplace 11 times, Minneapolis Business Journal Best Places to Work three times, and Top USA #1 in Healthcare — but a place where you have the room to be creative, make a difference, and have a purposeful, direct impact on how people age. Lifespark’s full continuum of services offers a breadth of roles with the support to grow your career. To see the experience we are creating, watch our award-winning video Going South – this is the experience you will help create at Lifespark! Changing the age-old story starts with you – let’s get you hired.
As a Data Engineer at Lifespark, you have worked on a variety of applications that have required the level of polish to deliver an exceptional experience to consumers of data with the organization. You likely have been a technical lead in the past and enjoy collaborating with your peers to deliver business value. You have ample experience with Python or other data-oriented languages and have been exploring the latest data orchestration frameworks. You love solving complex data problems and building data infrastructure’s and want to help grow this space for Lifespark. We hope you’re eager to dive in!
We are collaborative, transparent, and believe that trust is the foundation of a great culture. Come use your superpowers for good and spark a life!
Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Help us build our foundation and architecture for data orchestration with an emphasis on data quality and testing, using tools like EMR applications and Salesforce.
- Build performant APIs to ensure an awesome user experience users.
- Work as part of our growing Salesforce and Clinical Informatics team, cranking through projects and providing value.
- Partner closely with key operational stakeholders, including developers, administrators, internal clinical employees, and end-users to develop a roadmap for our data needs.
- Ingesting 3rd party data and applying the latest data science methods in order to generate actionable insights.
- Connecting all of our data gathering platforms into one back end data repository while delivering on core business objectives within Salesforce and various EMR platforms.
- Developing a data reporting platform for end users to access critical data to make business and clinical decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent technology industry experience required.
- 7+ years of professional experience preferred as a software developer with a bias toward building scalable data infrastructure and data integrity
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, ETL, and data orchestration
- A strong desire to go full-stack. You don’t have to in order to succeed here, but the opportunity for collaboration grows when you can teach your teammates about our data approach.
- Many years of experience on Agile teams with a desire to improve our process. We are building our own approach to planning, grooming, and retro and are committed to continuous improvement. Your experience will help drive and shape this.
- A commitment to testing and quality. Teach us a thing or two about your testing approach!
- A bias toward action. You love to push things forward and find creative ways to eliminate blockers.
- A positive and energetic attitude that thrives when solving unique and difficult problems.
- Experience as a remote teammate — help us do it right as we commit to building a happy, connected, and collaborative distributed team.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to provide off-hours support — we need to get together every once in a while and see each other's smiling faces!
- Experience with open source data orchestration frameworks like Airflow or Dagster
It has been and will continue to be our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, arrest record, conviction record, military service, use or nonuse of lawful products off the Employer’s premises during nonworking hours, or declining to attend a meeting or to participate in any communication about religious matters or political matters, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.