Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the most agile data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will consult, develop, train and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Your mission: to help Denodo users realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo solutions.
In this role you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise and client management skills to conduct consulting, product implementation and solutions development in either short or long-term engagements being the critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partners and client teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will use your technical expertise, troubleshooting and communication skills between clients and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including our key and advanced features and benefits.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general features / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based and beyond client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
- Train and engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting, training and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and Web Services APIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Be a team worker with a positive attitude.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Experience in Cloud services like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …).
- Knowledge in Java software development, especially in the database field.
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Availability to work on-call weeks for a limited amount of time per year.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.