We are urgently looking for a Data Analyst to join Pineapple Studios Ltd - the perfect opportunity for graduates and candidates who are new to the video games industry and are looking to gain valuable experience in a professional studio environment.
Your role you will primarily be responsible for the following:
- You will work with development, product and design teams to implement the right tracking/telemetry in games to capture player events for downstream reporting
- Reporting to our operations director, you will conduct in-depth analysis and modelling to uncover hidden opportunities for product improvement; communicate insights to product, business and management teams
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to delight the people playing our games
- Work with product & our teams to collect requirements and decide goals for analysis, implement and present findings
The role is part of an exciting and growing area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional responsibilities to grow the role if the candidate has the desired ambition.
Does the following describe you?
- You will enjoy working in both personal and team settings on shared goals
- Highly organised with strong communication skills
- Has computer literacy skills - Eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- A strong work ethic with the desire to achieve above and beyond
- Able to demonstrate projects with a clear focus on on users and user experience
- A good grasp on creative, technical and business issues and demonstrated ability to combine inputs into clear, impact research
- A minimum 2:1 related degree in mathematics, economics, computer science or similar technical field
- Highly competent at Microsoft Office with a particular expertise in Excel
- SQL skills
- Experience with R, R-Shiny and data visualisation packages like R graphing libraries, Tableau, Dundass
End of placement job offer
At the end of the 6 month placement, there is the opportunity to extend employment through a placement extension or a permanent offer. This is dependant on employee performance throughout the placement and where the studio is at with it's development road-map / budgets.
- 6 month paid placement
- Work remotely from home!
- Gain industry experience working on many projects
- Have fun and learn with your colleagues
- 13-14 days paid holiday (depending on the bank holidays during the 6 months)
- Paid at national minimum wage per month
- 25hrs per week / 5hrs per day > Monday to Friday
- Employability support - including CV and portfolio development / mock interviews/training
- Personal development certificates
- Reference letter upon completion available
Location: Entirely work from home (anywhere within the UK & even after lockdown)