At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
As a Data Engineer in Customer Experience Operations, you will be responsible for designing and building data pipelines for business intelligence and advanced analytic activities such as dashboard creation and machine learning. You will help transform how we support the customer experience operation organization by elevating the use of data to drive more value. You will be responsible for establishing pipeline design and data integration frameworks that bridge current state activities with target opportunities. This role involves coding, designing, and implementing data solutions. You will work directly with senior stakeholders and decision makers. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of SQL Server services, Google Cloud Platform, Python, data libraries, data literacy practices, API integration and agile methodologies. In this role you will also trouble shoot data quality issues and coordinate break-fix activities across IT departments.
- Responsible for building end to end data pipelines that provide raw, cleansed and transformed layers for data consumption.
- Responsible for data quality and ensuring data is as clean as possible for consumption activities.
- Design best practices for data processing, data modeling and warehouse development.
- Develop data strategies and designs to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data.
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Create rapid prototypes to test concepts, stakeholder buy-in and conceptual direction.
- Responsible for data warehouse design, maintenance and understanding usage.
- Act as a change leader to introduce and implement increased capabilities to advance data usage.
- Partner with data and business users to develop a rich pipeline of value-added work.
- Oversee user acceptance testing for data releases to ensure high value output.
- Recommend technology and process improvements across the data environment.
- Reduce production support time.
- Partner across IT and business groups to identify integrated solution opportunities.
- Mentor and develop data users across CXO organization.
- Develop deep functional understanding of ADT Customer Experience Operations organization including Customer Care, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Retention, Sales, Marketing, Technology and Field Operations.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with cloud data warehouses (i.e. GCP BigQuery, CloudTable)
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with ETL technologies and building data pipelines. (i.e. DataFlow, DataFusion, SSIS, Alteryx)
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- 5+ years demonstrated experience building semantic layers to simplify reporting and analytics
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with Oracle schema management
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with Python, R
- Experience preparing data for ML activities. (i.e. AutoML, H2O.ai, Alteryx, DataFlow, DataFusion)
- Experience with data libraries (i.e. Data Catalog)
- 5 years working experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience coordinating and negotiating across IT teams
- Experience working with various Code Repository and Planning tools (i.e. DevOps, Gi, Bitbucket)
- Passionate about building innovative data solutions
- MS in Computer Science or related quantitative discipline
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with ETL and data pipeline frameworks
- Experience with Cloud Transformations
- Experience leveraging GCP for data warehousing and analytic consumption
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.