Description:Job Requisition ID:
30508Senior Manager or Director/ Data Scientist
About Our Team
- Multiple Locations - can be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth
- Flexible working arrangements and part-time opportunities available
- Experienced professionals who have taken an extended leave from the workforce are encouraged to apply
The Audit & Assurance Analytics Team is responsible for delivery of complex analytics solutions to help our clients achieve clear differentiation and sustainable competitive advantage through improved decision making. We believe that success comes from really understanding the full business impact of choices and using analytics to drive improved operational and strategic decision making with a focus on the finance function. We understand the complexity of the problems our clients face, and we work alongside them to use this understanding to make the right decisions and execute quickly and successfully.
Designed to be different, our team brings diverse thinkers from science, engineering, business, finance, software development and consulting to work together in a dynamic and creative environment.About The Role
We are looking for ambitious analytics professionals who have a real passion for analytics and delivering valuable insights, and who think differently about problems and solutions. Working as part of our fast-growing team, you will work with a range of internal and external clients on the unique issues that matter to them; how to use their information and insights to drive efficiency, identify risks, grow revenue and introduce innovation to their market offering. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate across teams within Audit & Assurance as well as the wider firm.
Enough about us let's talk about you. You will ideally have and/ or be able to:
- 7-10 + years of demonstrated experience in data science or a related field, preferably within professional services or consulting
- Design and deliver data-driven solutions for clients to realise strategic outcomes
- Pitch and land projects, including presenting our service offerings to new or existing clients as well as building and managing relationships
- Guide and supervise projects and navigating ambiguity, challenges and teams
- Demonstrated experience of understanding and leading a team to utilise a variety of data analytics and data engineering tools
- Experience in developing and deploying scalable Machine Learning and Deep Learning model techniques to drive business outcomes would be a plus
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.Next Steps
Sounds like you? Apply below.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.