L0105 Lithia Home Office
Lithia & Driveway
Lithia & Driveway is the second largest automotive retailer in the U.S. and was named a 2021 Oregonian Top Workplaces award winner. We are one of the fastest-growing companies on the Fortune 500 (#231 in 2021)
With a mission of Growth Powered by People , Lithia & Driveway continuously creates new opportunities for our people. We aim to create an environment where you are enabled to reach your highest potential, where you feel both inspired and supported.
With core values to Earn Customers for Life, Take Personal Ownership, Improve Constantly and Have Fun , we believe in celebrating success and cheering one another on!
Data Engineer III
The Data Engineer III is responsible for developing and supporting the cutting-edge data solutions by using the Azure stake (Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Factory, Functions) SQL script design/dev, and stored procedures.
The Data Engineer III reports to a Lead Data Engineer. This role will be based on Portland, OR.
- Design and implement data load processes from disparate data sources into Azure Data Lake and subsequent Azure SQL & SQL Data Warehouse
- Migrate existing processes and data from our On Premises SQL Server and other environments to Azure Data Lake
- Explore and learn the latest Azure technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Ensure all existing data is created in the right way, and that new data is created according to appropriate standards and with proper documentation
- Read, write, and configure code for end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Work closely with the Lead Data Engineer and other Data Engineers to develop and document solutions for providing data to the enterprise
- Mentor and teach more junior developers
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in working as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams
- 5+ years of SQL Server development or equivalent
- Azure SQL DB, SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory a plus
- Version control using Git or TFS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, Analytics, Systems Eng., Statistics or related field
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Does the right thing, takes action and adapts to change
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Believes in humility, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.