The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced analytical capabilities to support data science initiatives. This role builds user interfaces from the direction of senior colleagues, and builds solutions using market research. Areas of focus are: predictive modeling; personalization and recommendation algorithms; natural language processing and text mining; search recall, precision, ranking, and related problems; optimization and mathematical programming with applications in labor scheduling, inventory and capacity planning, network flows, and supply chain optimization.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe\'s business partners to effectively interpret data
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe\'s through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe\'s
- Maintains expert-level knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members
- Serves as a leading member on automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Works with more senior level scientists on the team to translate requirements into an analytical approach; asks the right questions to understand the problem
- Contributes to, or builds the analytic approach to solving a business problem; helps identify the sources, methods, parameters, and procedures to be used; may also communicate with stakeholders on project scope and timelines
- Gathers and assimilates data according to the project plan; works with the team to discuss analysis and findings
- Prepares final recommendations, ensuring solutions are implementable in the business
- Executes plan for measuring impact based on discussions with stakeholders, partners and senior team members
- Executes projects with full adherence to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training
- Maintains knowledge of techniques, technology, industry trends, best practices, and emerging methodologies
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 2 years of experience in analytics AND 1 year of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Master\'s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 1 year of experience in analytics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field
- Knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- In most cases Lowe’s will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Technology Hub
- Master\'s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field
- Experience in performing predictive analytics in a large scale enterprise
- 2 years of experience in data science or advanced analytics in industry
- SQL Experience
- Programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Experience using multiple data systems and sources (such as Hadoop, Spark, Aster, Teradata, etc.)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.