Nordstrom is looking for a Principal Data Engineer, Supply Chain Performance & Planning . You will be defining, creating, and supporting the data infrastructure and solutions that are the foundation of our Supply Chain organization’s data-driven culture. As the data leader on the Supply Chain Performance & Planning team, you will work directly with end users of data assets to deliver performance insights, analytical models, and storytelling that empower our Supply Chain leaders and business partners.
Nordstrom is committed to evolving our supply chain capabilities to be prepared for future success and to enable the best customer experience in fashion retail – You will be a critical, foundational leader that enables this commitment.
We’re looking for a Data Engineering leader with the software chops to build the pipelines and help determine the next generation of tools, and the ability to synthesize big data to create performant and practical solutions tailored to specific business needs. This role will broadly influence the company's data consumers, from analysts to top executives.
A day in the life…
- Develop, build, and support the data and system architecture to meet the needs of the Supply Chain organization, leveraging enterprise-wide data platforms where possible while allowing flexibility to accommodate complex and unstructured data sources and process
- Coordinate with our enterprise technology teams on our medium and longer term data roadmap
- Partner directly with business stakeholders from beginning to end of their data projects – understand the context and goals, find and collect the data needed to meet those goals, and delivering performant data assets
- Collaborate closely with Business Intelligence and Planning leader to develop a world class reporting and analytics environment – including defining/building best practices, processes, training, and team culture
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and orchestrations
- Establish and demonstrate technologies, solutions, and leading practices while staying current on emerging tools and technologies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Nordstrom’s analytical sciences community and other software engineers
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity and clearly communicate development plans with stakeholders
- Build reusable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes and scale with added complexity
- As a senior member on the team you will also mentor junior engineers on the team
- Provide occasional on-call production support outside of typical hours
You own this if you have…
- 10+ years of Data Engineering and/or Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years programming experience in Python
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise-level data architecture (e.g., Hive, Spark, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in Data Pipelines like Kafka and Airflow
- Strong SQL and all-around data know-how
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale data infrastructures
- Familiarity with Tableau (primary BI tool of consumers)
- Experience establishing and maintaining Code/Build/Deployment tools
- A strong team player Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.