What You'll Be Doing
What You'll Need
- As a Data Engineer, you will play a vital role in designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure and pipelines. Your responsibilities will include
- Participating in end-to-end development, from prototyping to launch and beyond
- Developing new features and platforms with Cloud resource Optimized way
- Building back-end applications, databases, data pipelines, and APIs
- Ensuring that applications are running in a cloud-based environment
- Designing and building scalable data pipelines to transform and aggregate data for business use, using the best frameworks and software engineering best practices
- Designing and implementing test automation for data pipelines
- Being accountable for the successful delivery of own work.
- Collaborating with the team and proactively communicating with stakeholders
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Possessing strong problem-solving skills and effective written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- Bachelor’s degree engineering with 2+ years of experience with a proven track record in technical roles
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Azure, AWS) including serverless concepts and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with data engineering, ETL, and robust data pipelines
- Strong experience moving data across different data repositories using any ETL tool (e.g., Azure Data Bricks , Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics)
- Experience with database solutions (both relational and non-relational) and cloud storage
- Container and orchestration experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with programming languages such as Python and Java (Spark, Scala is a plus)
- Experience with automatic testing best practices, load testing and unit testing
- Nice to have experience in web and cloud technologies such as Github Actions, REST APIs, Queues (e.g Kafka), DevOps and security
- Experience with Power BI report building
A competitive compensation package, of course.
Time and resources to grow and develop, including a personal development budget and paid leave for learning days, as well as paid access to e-learning resources such as O’Reilly and LinkedIn Learning.
Time to support life outside of work, with enhanced parental leave plus paid leave to care for loved ones and volunteer in local communities.
Work from home, the office, or even abroad – each team has the flexibility to choose how they work based on business needs.
Improve your home office with a setup budget and get extra support with a monthly allowance.
Enjoy options to work from your home country and abroad for a set number of days each year, to visit family and friends, or to simply explore the world we’re mapping.
Take the holidays you want with a competitive holiday plan, plus an extra day off to celebrate your birthday.
Join annual events like our Hackathon and DevDays to bring your ideas to life with talented teammates from around the world.
Become a part of our inclusive global culture and have the chance to collaborate with a diverse community – we have over 80 nationalities at TomTom!
Find out more about our global benefits and enjoy additional local benefits tailored to your location.
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a global team within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for hundreds of millions of users around the world. Joining our team, you’ll continuously innovate our mapmaking processes, directly contributing to our vision engineering the world's most trusted and useful map.
You’ll help people find their way in the world. In 2004, TomTom revolutionized how the world moves with the introduction of the first portable navigation device. Now, we intend to do it again by engineering the first-ever real-time map, the smartest and most useful map on the planet.
Work with a team of 3,800+ unique, curious and passionate problem-solvers. Together, we’ll open up a world of possibilities for car manufacturers, enterprises and developers to help people understand and get closer to the world around them.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout your journey with us, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews all the way through onboarding. To find out more about our application process, check out our hiring FAQs .
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
TomTom is where you can find your place in the world. Every day we welcome, nurture and celebrate differences. Why? Because your uniqueness is what makes you, you
. No matter your culture or background, you’ll find your impact at TomTom. Research also shows that sometimes women and underrepresented communities can be hesitant to apply for positions unless they believe they meet 100% of the criteria. If you can relate to this, please know that we’d love to hear from you.