Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 6,000 employees with delivery locations across the globe to create a service organization called Global Business Services that offers business services and solutions across core enterprise end-2-end processes such as Purchase-to-Pay, Opportunity-to-Cash, Hire-to-Retire and Record-to-Report.
As Global Business Services we aim to create a tangible impact by driving the digital transformation of business processes for Siemens globally.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of technology from mere concept to reality, to develop tomorrow’s smart and insight-driven business processes.
The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with his or her data-based insights. He or she must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
This position will work closely with all business lines and regions within GBS. In particular with subject matter experts, project managers, application owners and data teams. Direct contacts are: Head of Digital Lab, GBS Business Lines, Internal and external implementation partners (e.g. Microsoft, AWS, Google) and vendors as well as Siemens Corporate IT.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work with large, complex data sets and applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Run PoCs and Pilots projects to investigate and prove the feasibility and benefits of the proposed solutions
- Interact with multiple stakeholders (from different levels) and effectively present findings by exploting visual displays of complex quantity information in a simplified way
- Identify and develop intelligent and innovative data analytics use cases to optimize business processes
- Actively and proactively perform market/trend scouting to stay up to date on the state-of-the-art technologies
To make a difference, you must have:
- 3-5 yrs expert knowledge in advanced data analytics/data science
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or related field
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience with statistical and machine learning methods
- Experience with cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience on collecting business requirements and traduce it into solution designs
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1200 experts with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, Cyber Security, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Find out more about the Digital Minds of Siemens
You will love to have:
Flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Pluralsight, Learnlight, Bookboon, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time