Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Data Analytics, the incumbent will have the opportunity to contribute to various unique projects and enterprise-wide analytical initiatives.
- Work on enterprise wide data science projects aimed to solve various enterprise business problems with primary focus on pricing markdown optimization
- Develop functional prototypes, productionalize and operate analytical applications
- Responsible for the extraction and analysis of complex information from a variety of databases, selecting appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Build complex machine learning models and perform advanced statistical analysis, fine-tuning using test and experiment results
- Present findings throughout application development process
- Work collaboratively with Category, Product, Sales and Marketing and Operations groups, on cross functional projects and initiatives
- Actively identify and execute initiatives to improve data extraction, data preparation and data modelling processes
- Strictly adhere to legal and compliance guidelines; regarding access and exposure to sensitive and confidential information
Skills and Experience:
- 3 yrs proven experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer or a similar role. Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Previous experience in leading a project is preferred
- Expert programming skills with Python, Pyspark, Scala or R. Proficient with machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Min 3 years experience in utilizing advanced SQL (eg MS SQL, Unix, Linux, IBM Netezza, IBM DB2, Teradata)
- Superb analytical and critical thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations
- Experience with distributed processing platforms is an asset
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong detail orientation is essential in this role
- A Team player and self-starter
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word)
We are increasing our customer focus, leveraging our unique insights through a consultative approach with internal and external partners. You will get a sense of the big picture here, and a chance to contribute substantially early on.
Success in Analytics at Loblaw is not only about being strong analysts – but it is an opportunity to prove your business sense, develop strong communicative skills and work on high profile programs to drive performance and smart change.
And on top of that, every year, Loblaw employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.