FC Laboratories are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join as a key member of their fast-growing team. You’ll be directly responsible for processing and analysing data from their wearable system to derive new and improve existing algorithms enabling innovative insights into employee wellness and risk management. You will also be responsible for deploying and scaling the developed tools to live, real-time systems.
- Working independently and with FC Laboratories academic partners to derive ML based algorithms from real world and clinical data
- Building and operating end-to-end data and Machine Learning pipelines
- Backend management of live systems
- Scaling solutions as the dataset grows
The candidate will be joining a small team of dedicated engineers spread across the country. FC Laboratories work independently and remotely, with frequent virtual catch-ups and occasional in-person get-togethers (COVID permitting of course).
This role holds tremendous potential for professional development as the right candidate would find themselves as a key team member in this rapidly growing business.
This role would suit a digitally-savvy individual capable of contributing and working independently but also collaboratively within a busy and supportive team. You should also have the desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy the challenge of building complex solutions.
As FC Laboratories are a startup on a fast-track to deployment, proven experience in developing and deploying machine learning/AI algorithms is absolutely key. You’d need to be table to take the lead in data gathering and developing algorithms, working with raw data (ideally biometric) to improve signal quality and derive bespoke metrics based on research conducted by the company’s academic partners.
Essential experience and knowledge:
- PhD or MSc in a relevant subject with at least 3 years in the industry
- Proven experience in developing machine learning/AI algorithms; Machine learning, signal processing and optimisation
- Skills in programming in a high level language such as Python or MATLAB
- Ability to take the lead in data gathering and developing algorithms
Desirable experience and knowledge:
- Strong engineering skills ranging from a proven ability to building data pipelines and deploying ML models to production
- Embedded ML for ARM Cortex-M microprocessors
- Experience in wearable devices/biometric signals
- Proactive self-starter
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Upbeat personality and ability to cope with pressure
- Excellent time management
- Exceptionally good at relationship building and working with others.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and explore new technical opportunities.
- Strong work ethic
- Positive and proactive approach
- Must be able to take responsibility
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 4 February 2022, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL. Please link any online portfolio work in your CV or Cover Letter.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.