At EZCORP Digital we are a growing team focused on creating digital assets to delight our customers and change the pawn industry as we know it today. We believe that our platform enabled lending and e-commerce solutions will revolutionize our ability to attract, engage and service our customers across the United States, Mexico and Latin America.
Join us now for an opportunity to be a part of a team that wants to provide access to short-term cash for every person everywhere!
Founded in Austin in 1989, EZCORP has grown into a leading provider of pawn loans in the United States, Mexico and Latin America. We are dedicated to satisfying the short-term cash needs of consumers who are both cash and credit constrained and providing an industry-leading customer experience.
Whats in it for you:
Ground Floor opportunity with EZCORP Digital, a division with a start-up, purpose-driven mentality where innovative and agile problem solving are part of our DNA along with competitive compensation and benefits.
What you will be doing as a Data Engineer:
The Data Engineer will support EZCORPs Analytics team on data initiatives ensuring optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. This role will be responsible for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning and manipulation of data in the business operational and analytic databases. The engineer will also work closely with the software and data teams to understand and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance and troubleshoot any existing issues.
Responsible for expanding and optimizing EZCORPs data and data pipeline architecture and data flow
- Transforms and extracts data into a format that can be easily analyzed
- Develops, maintains and tests infrastructures for data generation
- Deploys Machine Learning models in an operational environment
- Builds systems and infrastructures that collect and process data according to company needs and goals
- Builds, evolves and scales out infrastructure to ingest, process and extract meaning out of data
- Implements statistical models to carry out various novel aspects of classification and information extraction from data
- Leverages existing data infrastructure to fulfill all data-related requests, performs necessary data housekeeping, data cleansing, normalization, hashing, and implementation of required data model changes
- Analyzes data to spot anomalies, trends and correlate similar data sets
- Troubleshoots problems, identifies possible solutions, and resolves accordingly
- Builds analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operation efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Identifies, designs and implements internal process improvements automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Bachelors degree in computer science, IT or applied math; Masters degree preferred; data engineering certifications a plus
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root causes analysis on internal and external data and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and accuracy in work, time management and organizational skills
- Self-directed with ability to prioritize and manage expectations with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within teams to deliver solutions on time and on budget
EZCORP is an equal opportunity employer
Address: 2500 Bee Cave Rd Bldg1, Suite 200 Austin, TX - 78746
Property Description: Corporate EZCORP
Property Number: Corporate