Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Life as a AWS Data Engineer at Merkle
Your day-to-day role will be working alongside other highly skilled engineers in supporting, and developing, new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions. You will be responsible for developing new functionality according to a commercial brief, update existing functionality depending on requirements, performing peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice, fit for purpose and scalable, and document technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
You will support junior team members effectively troubleshooting technical issues and being one of the go-to specialists, you will support the wider team in responding to client queries, setting expectation and ensuring process is adhered to.
This role will give you the following opportunities:
- Ability to work on (and get your teeth into as this is a hands-on role) a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio across a number of industry sectors.
- Longer-term opportunity to work across a number of complex solutions, using latest technologies such as Connected Customer Engagement, Big Data, Omni-Channel Marketing, 360 Single Customer Views, DMPs.
- Innovation and training time to develop your skills and encourage continued professional development.
Opportunity to rub minds with the best minds in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative.
What We Are Looking For In You
- At least 2 years’ data warehouse design ideally using Kimball methodology (or other methodology i.e. Inmon, 3NF).
- Certified AWS Professional level certification.
- At least 3 years design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications on AWS.
- Experience in “migrating” on premise workloads (especially EDW, Data Lake, Analytic sandboxes) to AWS .
- At least 3 years SQL server 2008 plus SSIS, SQL Data Tools and/or Informatica experience .
- At least 3 years SQL Server T-SQL development experience.
- At least 3 years of customer/PII data processing experience.
- Source Control using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Marketing Agency/Service Industry exposure/experience.
- An excellent communicator to both internal and external audiences in a Client-facing role.
- Software and application development experience with the ability to understand the full solution.
- Handling and protection of information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Must have a genuine interest in technology evolution and how to utilise to meet client objectives .
- GDPR and in particular Privacy by Design and Rights of the Individual .
A Few Of The Benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.