We have an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Data Engineer to work in a new delivery team within Fidelity’s Asset Management Technology division. Our team is responsible for designing, developing & implementing technology solutions to support business professionals in Fidelity’s Strategic Advisors group as part of the firm’s Managed Accounts business.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- You care deeply about doing excellent work with excellent people.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent and you want to learn more.
- Minimum 10 years of design & development experience.
- You have extensive experience in data engineering, data analysis and performance tuning
- You The ability to Diagnose data issues and performance matrix
- You have experience collaborating with developers across other tiers
- You enjoy designing solutions as well as hands-on coding.
- Experience in any of the following desirable: ETL Tools such as Informatica; Messaging and streaming platforms; Building Continuous Integration & Deployment pipelines.
- Investment Management business insight would be great but not required.
The Purpose of your Role
You will be a lead member of an agile squad building scalable & strategic solutions for Asset Management Technology with a high level of focus on TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery and engineering excellence.
The Skills You Bring
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to run with multiple tasks at a given time.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team.
- Proven track record of working in collaborative teams to deliver high quality data solutions in a multi-developer agile environment following design & coding best practices.
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly and contributing actively to team deliverables.
- Intellectually curious, passionate about your craft, and model a culture of continuous learning.
- Deep experience of engineering principles, patterns, and practices.
- Ability to build engineering solutions that perform at scale.
The Value you Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Actively contribute to evangelize engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
- Develop a keen understanding of the business domain you are working on and actively participate in technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Investigate creative practices and share them with your team-mates.
- Proactively partnering with Chapter Area, Tribe, Center of Excellence, and Squad Leader to:
- set and apply standards and ensure the work performed is aligned with established road maps.
- remove impediments to delivering value.
- actively share insights, knowledge, industry practices and developments across the organization.
How Your work Impacts the Organization
The position aligns to the Strategic Advisors Technology domain within Asset Management Technology (AMT) which provides technology and support for the Account and Model Management tribes. This technology platform is the foundation for the next generation of applications required to support our business partners as they look to manage client portfolios and investments at scale.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com.