Assurance - Data Analytics - Data Scientist - Senior - Hong Kong
Assurance Business Service specialise in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with a team to apply mathematical or statistical techniques to address practical issues in an audit / business setting, such as fraud detection, process automation, control improvement, decision-making processes, or risk management
- Develop analytical models, using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques. Research or develop financial analytics models
- Maintain or modify all analytical models in use
- Identify and leverage opportunities for efficiencies in the internal processes
- Design and develop RPA solutions to meet business requirements, such as data handling, process monitoring, or reporting
- Transform and validate a variety of client financial and non-financial data for the use in the audit analytical procedures
- Collaborate with audit teams and clients, and create values for audit engagements using data analytical tools
- Identify, investigate, recommend and implement resolutions for data related issues (completeness, accuracy)
- Coordinate work on a portfolio of engagements to meet deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Statistics / Data Science / Data Analytics / Information System / Computer Science are preferred
- DSE English Level 4 or above / IELTS Writing Band 7 or above preferred
- Experience in data transformation techniques to aggregate transactional data (i.e. involving financial and/or process data)
- Experience in data analytics and programming SQL / Python / R / C#, additional experience in big data environment and tools such as SAS / Hive / Hadoop will be an advantage
- Experience in statistics and machine learning techniques, experience in artificial neural network / NLP will be an advantage
- Working knowledge in data mining and modeling: Predictive modeling; Classification / Clustering / Anomaly detection techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access
- Experience in PowerBI / Spotfire / Tableau / Qlik preferred
- Experience in RPA will be an advantage
- Attention to detail in investigating, communicating and solving problems in relation to data and processes
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.