Resideo is reinventing how we look at the home by understanding and improving the systems within the home: Water, Comfort, Energy, and Security. As a Data Scientist in the Comfort/Energy group, you'll build and deploy ML models of household energy consumption, identify anomalous HVAC events, and remotely diagnose problems with home equipment using cutting edge machine learning techniques.
- Develop prediction models using advanced analytic techniques such as generalized additive models and neural net architectures. Familiarity with autoencoders, convolutional neural nets, gated recurrent units, and/or long short-term memory architectures is a plus.
- Implement analytics in Python/R using Jupyter notebooks hosted in a Databricks Azure subscription
- Work closely with data and software engineering resources to productionize machine learning models
- Support internal decision-making processes
- Other duties as assigned
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Master’s degree in either Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- 1-2 year’s experience working in Data Science or related field
- Proficiency in python, R, git, Jupyter notebooks
- Knowledge of wholesale electricity markets or experience working with residential electricity data or residential HVAC equipment data is a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with Azure data services highly valued
- Knowledge of best practices and new techniques in data science
- Demonstrate the strong coding skills necessary to develop efficient and high-quality work
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU :
- Cutting edge application of data science in the home
- Technology and leadership mentoring to ensure you are setup for success
- Benefits - Resideo provides comprehensive benefits, including life and health insurance, life assistance program, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, retirement plans, vacation & holidays.
About Us: Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com .
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.