QuantumWork was founded on a culture that is passionate about transforming the way the world acquires talent by delivering innovative solutions that make a difference for businesses worldwide. We build and provide and Intelligent Sourcing Platform Powered by Services to Drive Real Results for our clients. With the agility and grit of a startup, QuantumWork also offers the stability and scalability of an established tech partner–the best of both worlds for our product and delivering results to our customers.
As an industry leader, we draw upon decades of experience to design innovative technology, products, and services. We develop competitive practices that position organizations for growth, and we deliver the insight needed to succeed in today's global marketplace
The Data Engineer will be an expert in data and reporting as well as SQL. You’ll wear several hats (startup), take a lot of ownership, and have a lot of room for career growth and autonomy. You can make a big impact with some low hanging fruit just creating basic reports, defining business metrics, and answering ad-hoc questions. At the same time there is a lot of room to grow your skills and responsibilities into deeper data engineering, building platforms, working with real time data streams, data lake / data warehouse modelling, systems design and architecture, machine learning engineering, etc. Some knowledge of Python or equivalent scripting language for ETL/ELT is a must.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analytics (using OLTP, DWH, external data, etc.)
- Build dashboards, standard reporting, and self-service BI tools
- Work with business as an analyst to understand their needs and build data products to support them
- Integrations between external systems and core application (e.g. update application data using client reporting). This involves retrieving data, parsing it, and calling various internal APIs to orchestrate data updates
- ETL from source system to data warehouse including OLTP data from MySQL database, streaming data from application event logging (Kinesis streams), and third-party data sources
- Help build out data models in data warehouse (dims / facts)
- Support data science and machine learning engineering teams from research to production (generating training data, monitoring effectiveness, updating feature store, etc.)
- SQL Expert
- Knows some Python or equivalent scripting language for ETL / ELT
- Data Analysis experience, able to understand stakeholder problems, find and pull data, and answer difficult questions using visualizations, statistical methods, etc.
- Experience building business intelligence dashboards, creating reports, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, preferably for data warehouse
- Good people skills, able to build relationships and creatively solve data / reporting problems
- Some exposure to working with and supporting data science and/or machine learning teams
- Good at making things efficient and performant - data structures and algorithms, knows which tools to use for different use cases, etc.
- Good at building robust and reliable systems, bonus points for being familiar with AWS or other cloud services
- Bonus points for experience modelling event driven activities or sequence-based activities like workflows
- Bonus points for experience writing highly performant code in languages like Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, C++, Go, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with ELT strategies and tools like DBT for modelling, Airflow or Prefect for orchestration, Athena / Presto for querying, etc.
- Bonus points for knowledge around SQL vs. NoSQL based approaches
- Bonus points for experience with tools like Redis, DynamoDB, S3 + Athena, AWS Redshift, etc.
QuantumWork is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to disability, please call 844-604-7059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.