Founded in 2002, Quantium combines the best of human and artificial intelligence to forge a better, more insightful world. Our solutions make sense of what has happened and what will, could or should be done to re-shape industries and societies around the needs of the people they serve.
Our partnership with Woolworths has given us un-paralleled access to customer behaviour data of over 10 million customers that we leverage to provide insights for our diverse range of Woolworths client stakeholders. We’ve taken this partnership deeper by establishing Wiq.
Wiq is our joint venture with Woolworths which will lead a data-driven transformation agenda for Woolworths and commercialise retail products globally.
Wiq is the hub that delivers advanced analytics back into Woolworths, focused on executing the roadmap of highly impactful, high-value projects and transforming the global retail industry through analytics at scale
Wiq is a unique opportunity in the current market, combining the best elements of consulting with being embedded with stakeholders and the business.
Within Wiq, you will:
- Work on longer term projects where you have time to keep refining the process and see the outcomes
- Work on industry “firsts” – retail has more opportunity to leverage datasets and advanced analytics for new projects than other industries
- Work on super impactful, high-value projects across different domains, from promotions and pricing, supply chain, people analytics, last-mile optimisation (plus some others that we’re not disclosing just yet)
- Sit in agile squads to deliver projects and work closely with engineers and business stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Have exposure to a range of exciting projects, such as building decision engines that feed back into the business
- Delivering high quality analytics, from scoping, data quality assessment, data manipulation, method selection, model building, insights generation and visualisation
- Proactively participate in learning forums and sharing knowledge with wider team
Experience And Education Required
e’re looking to hire analysts with a genuine desire to grow their career and build upon their analytics, technical and commercial capability.
We know people are not bullet points, but we would expect you to have:
- A technical degree, such as Actuarial, Maths/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics etc.
- Experience building predictive models in a commercial environment, ideally GBMs (experience of XGBoost or lightgb is advantageous)
- Strong technical experience using SQL, Python or R (GCP is a bonus)
- Significant experience in a similar role; generating insights from large customer or transaction data sets
- Experience delivering analytical solutions in either a consulting or end user business
- Supply chain or ecommerce analytics experience would be a bonus
- Strong commercial knowledge to solve key business problems such as driving revenue opportunities, customer retention, and retail operations optimisation
- To be considered for a Senior position, you will need previous leadership experience and strong analytical and technical capability
- A collaborative style and the ability to work with and positively influence a variety of people across all levels and functions will see you succeed
If you think this could be a fit and you would thrive in our business, we want to hear from you. Please apply and we’ll be in touch to discuss your application.
What’s in it for you
This role will provide you with your own career path development opportunities. We are an open, high achieving and collaborative team where we encourage our people to be themselves and share our superpowers. Our flat structure means that we can move fast with care, whilst ensuring we implement initiatives that drive for impact.
This is a permanent full-time role, based out of our head office in Eveleigh, conveniently located near Redfern station. Our employees enjoy a flexible, hybrid working environment, recreation areas, snacks and drinks, fitness, wellness and community group participation and a casual dress code. As part of the Woolworths Group, we benefit from the Woolworths Group discount as well as other partner discounts and information!
- Move fast with care: We hustle with humility and heart, even under pressure. The quality of what we deliver is matched by the camaraderie we forge.
- Reach for remarkable: We respectfully challenge the status quo, with courage, passion and discipline. Keeping our eyes on the details, while making space to set sights on the dream.
- Share our superpowers: We recognise, value and celebrate what makes each and every one of us unique. Sharing our strengths, and helping others discover theirs makes for a better team.
- Balance tomorrow with today: We are measured and insightful, weighing both short and long term trade-offs in our decision making. Thoughtfully considering the needs of our team, our partners, and our ethical role in society.
- Drive for impact: We own the responsibility to deliver tangible value to our partners and clients. Taking the time to build strong relationships, we deliver a positive impact on the world
More About Quantium
As one of the world’s fully diversified data science and AI leaders we operate across every sector of the economy and we’re growing fast - with growth comes opportunity! We’re passionate about building out our team of smart, fun, diverse and motivated people.
We combine a team of experts that spans data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, business analysts, strategy consultants, engineers, technologists, programmers, product developers, and futurists – all dedicated to harnessing the power of data to drive transformational outcomes for our clients.
We actively foster a culture where our people can stretch themselves to reach their full potential. We also know that work has to work for you, and modern life is fast paced and balance can be tricky. You want to work where you are respected and valued as an individual, not a number. Quantium embraces a flexible and supportive environment dedicated to powering possibilities for our team members, clients and partners.
Quantium are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities. We celebrate our diversity of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and disability status.
Please note, this role is not suitable for Graduates. If you are a graduate and you’d like information about our Graduate Academy please visit https://au.gradconnection.com/employers/quantium/about-us/
If you submit an application or expression of interest to The Quantium Group Pty Ltd, we may disclose your application or expression of interest on a confidential basis to our related companies, and joint venture companies, including our Parent Group - Woolworths Group Limited. We will only make such disclosures for the purpose of considering your application or expression of interest and opportunities in those organisations.
Click on the links to find out more about how Woolworths Group , and Quantium manage your personal information including how you can access your personal information, make a correction or make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles.