The Data Engineer will develop, test, and maintain Big Data solutions for a company. Gather large amounts of data from multiple sources and ensure that downstream users can access the data quickly and efficiently. Essentially, the company’s data pipelines are scalable, secure, and able to serve multiple users.Job Description
Big Data Engineer Requirements
- Meeting with managers to determine the company’s Big Data needs.
- Developing Hadoop systems.
- Loading disparate data sets and conducting pre-processing services using Spark, Hive or Pig.
- Finalizing the scope of the system and delivering Big Data solutions.
- Managing the communications between the internal system and the vendor.
- Collaborating with the software research and development teams.
- Building cloud platforms for the development of company applications.
- Maintaining production systems.
- Training staff on data management.
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Previous experience as a big data engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and similar frameworks.
- Knowledge of scripting languages is preferred .
- Knowledge of NoSQL and RDBMS databases including Redis and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with Mesos, AWS, and Docker tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex data, and software issues.
- It’s a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to the max.
- Work-life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities.
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!