- Lead the development and enhancement of our business intelligence and reporting services products
- Permanent career opportunity with market competitive remuneration
- Modern office located in South Wharf
DCA are a large team of data specialists and information technology experts who use the power of data to help organisations deliver a smarter, stronger future. Our reputation, built over 25 years, is for excellence in providing data services, enterprise smart mobility, higher education research management, cities and parking services, and hosting and data assurance services. Together with our clients, we are delivering business critical systems and transforming the way people live, work, grow and learn through our core areas of expertise:
- Smart Mobility delivers clever living solutions for smart cities,
- End-to-end data services enables strong decisions and a bright future for businesses, government and communities,
- Higher Education research management manages the entire research lifecycle and also paints an accurate picture of an organisation's research strength.
We are offering a rewarding career opportunity as Data Analyst Developer to lead the development and enhancement of our business intelligence and reporting services products to support to our clients based in Australia and New Zealand.
As someone who thrives on working with data, you will be responsible for:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Deliver optimized business solutions by data modelling/data architecture, performing impact/risk/gap analysis, identification of facts, dimensions, aggregates and hierarchies;
- Design data integration, ELT/ETL jobs and other data pipelines;
- Gather and profile data from multiple sources and assimilate into meaningful inputs for databases;
- Conduct analysis, summarise key findings and trends, and produces value-add data analysis and reports;
- Creating reports and dashboards using analytics presentation layer tools;
- Operational support and troubleshooting; and
- Provision of expert advice to Client, Users and IT resources regarding the application architecture and functionality.
- Development using Microsoft technologies, specifically MS-SQL server, SQL Reporting Service and SQL Integration Services, following all processes including but not limited to Project Management, Development, Incident Management and Change Management;
- Previous report writing experience;
- Understanding and exposure to database schema design;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with all levels of the organisation, including external clients;
- Strong interpersonal and skills with excellent problem solving and time-management skills
- Experience working in fast-paced and demanding environments; and
- Ability to streamline and propose new processes or process improvements.
Candidates who have previous experience with large software implementation projects and experience in the education sector will be highly regarded.If you are successful in this role, you will enjoy:
- A supportive and friendly team environment;
- Stability to develop your career with an established and growth focused company; and
- A range of benefits as part of our Employee Benefit Program.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer and will be based on the successful candidate's experience, skills and knowledge.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa with full working rights. Work eligibility will be confirmed as part of the recruitment process.
To find out more about this exciting career opportunity, contact Serena Ho on (03) 9320 9000.
To take the first step towards joining a reputable and innovative organisation click the ‘Apply' button to submit your application including a cover letter quoting Job Reference: DCA/1522661 and describe how your experience and skills meet the role described!
We'll be in touch over the next couple of weeks once we have had an opportunity to review the applications we have received.
DCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to supporting a working environment of mutual respect, teamwork and trust and a workplace that attracts, develops and retains highly skilled people.