About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that health is local and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with deep experience in distributed data processing, data integration, and building data platforms to be a core member for our Data Infrastructure & Platform team. The Data Infrastructure & Platform team's mission is to create a robust, flexible, and modern data platform to drive development and operational efficiencies for our ETL, analytics, actuary, data science and operational users.
As a key contributor, you will work hand in hand with your team to reimagine our technical stack to best serve Cityblock Members. You will participate in the creation of a platform that drives efficient data integration across the organization and builds the confidence in our stakeholders, and aligns closely with DevOps principles to allow us to scale rapidly.
Your role is critical in helping us support patients in communities hardest hit by COVID-19 through helping our care teams of community health partners, medical staff and social workers to problem-solve for our patients using opinionated information and driving action at a panel-level.
Requirements for the Role:
- A passion for doing deep technical work.
- Good communication skills to articulate data issues across teams.
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure to shape a technically appropriate, maintainable, and scalable enterprise grade data integration platform on the cloud.
- Self-motivated and driven to improve the speed and efficiency for ETL developers, data analysts, data scientists, actuaries and operational users.
- Good understanding of infrastructure scaling, data operations, system internals, security, network, and distributed data processing.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, data integration, workflow orchestration, pub sub, and SQL.
- Experience with GCP and/or other cloud providers.
- 3+ years of proven coding and debugging experience using modern software delivery methods in Python and JVM-based languages.
- Experience with Spark and Spark based frameworks as applied to data collection and movement.
- Experience with managing and pruning historical data.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and procedures in a data infrastructure environment.
How We Define Success:
- Write clean, well-tested, code that will stand the test of time.
- Participate in the selection and integration of best of breed tooling.
- Contribute to building a healthcare focused data platform that optimizes for time to data quality, data observability, and logic deployment.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience with ELT and modeling of health data a plus
- Familiarity with healthcare datasets, such as inpatient, professional, and pharmacy claims
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.