A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!
The job, in a nutshell:
The Data Analyst is a key contributor to our business team, analyzing data for all channels employed by our direct-to-consumer auto insurance brand – Say Insurance®. This role is centered on collecting, evaluating, and reporting on data that will help us make decisions leading to profitable growth through targeted acquisition and retention.
We're looking for someone with a rare combined talent who can interpret sophisticated data and create compelling insights that are visually appealing. The analyst will be expected to dive into brand data and use business intelligence skills to translate analysis into business decisions and customer experience improvements. In-depth examination skills along with big picture thinking and incredible attention to detail are a must. Self-direction and strong collaboration skills are integral to success in this position.
Sound like you? Please consider joining our unique team.
This role is set to join our Say Insurance team, working to compete in the direct-channel space with a new insurance brand. We're a small, agile and cross-functional team – so we need dynamic self-starters to hit the ground running and work well in a fluid, collaborative setting. We're customer-obsessed. We're data junkies. We test and optimize. And we like things that way.
Your day looks something like this:
- Use business intelligence to transform data into valuable reports that guide business direction.
- Explore, analyze and communicate trends in data.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and document business goals, reporting requirements and key
performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide analysis to support the business team in meeting operational and strategic goals through data collection,
data management and data analysis assignments.
- Design and customize user-friendly dashboards in AWS Quicksite that track key program metrics related to a new
direct-to-consumer auto insurance brand.
- Develop automated report templates utilizing data from multiple sources while conducting data and dashboard
quality assurance throughout the life of the design.
• Assess data from web analytics (Google Analytics), voice-of-customer tools, and other data gathering inputs. •
- Develop findings and conclusions from this data assessment and provide conclusions and recommendations to
Say Insurance leadership.
- Review industry data tools such as SNL Financial.
- Manage the design and construction of high-quality analytics, queries, and document procedures for deploying
reports to internal and external customers
- Collaborate with developers and other analysts to create data solutions and insights.
We're looking for someone with:
- A thirst for innovation and learning.
- Knowledge of current statistical (A/B, multivariate) testing methods and research design.
- Experience or competence querying databases with SQL.
- Experience using tools such as Excel, Amazon Web Services (QuickSight, S3, Athena), GoodData, Tableau, Google
- Analytics, BigQuery and/or other data gathering and reporting tools.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and apply results to resolve business issues.
- Experience with database analysis, business processes and systems (BI reporting tools).
- Ability to communicate findings, debrief, and make recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a detail-oriented and results-driven environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production setting – with a track record of effectively prioritizing a heavy
workload and meeting deadlines with accuracy and minimum supervision.
- Superior collaboration skills and a desire to work on a cross-functional, agile team.
- A positive attitude and self-starting nature, excited to contribute to a rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Ability to work on scheduled and ad hoc projects.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with machine learning, artificial intelligence or predictive analytics.
- Background in a statistical programming language (Python, R).
- Strong grasp of statistical methods common for business applications.
Requires the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Starting Salary: $43,735 - $63,677
If interested, please apply by: