As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The APAC Data Analytics Team is responsible for building the data-driven business initiative by building scalable data technology leveraging on the latest public/private cloud infrastructure, data analytics and machine learning. This is an opportunity to join the highly innovative team building data products on the JPMorgan Asset Management strategic platform to empower sales, product, marketing with data-driven prescriptive insights. The successful candidate is someone that has strong programming fundamentals in big data technology and can think analytically to leverage technology for solving business and engineering problems. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner with many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative and thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions.
As an experienced Data Engineer, your mission is to help build the technology roadmap with our team of engineers and business partners towards creating next-level data solutions. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, testing and data governance will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Prior experience working with distributed systems, Big Data technology, Python are required. We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. We believe strongly in the value of diverse representation and you will get to experience this on a day-to-day basis working with colleagues across time zones, teams and backgrounds to solve complex. Every day is different and we strive to create a supportive environment where you will be able to grow and develop your skills as a technologist to maximize your potential.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Implement end-to-end data pipelines on latest public/private cloud infrastructure
- Create efficient integrations between the cloud data platforms and downstream applications
- Implement acceptance tests to ensure the data and product meet the business goal and specification
- Work with product teams to provide in-depth technology solutions to their business problems
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in data infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
- Proficiency in Java and Python
- Experience or knowledge in Spark leveraging Python
- Experience of successfully delivering big data projects
- Expertise in Data Governance and Data Quality
- Experience working on NoSQL Databases such as Elastic Search and Cassandra as well as standard SQL databases such as Postgres
- Experience building Data Lake using AWS and hands-on experience in AWS EMR, Athena, Redshift
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Hands-on experience in production rollout and support
- Hands-on experience with leveraging CI/CD to rapidly build & test application code
- Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working with sensitive data workloads
- Keen understanding of financial control
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Hands-on experience with Lean and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- General knowledge in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Knowledge of finance, asset management, e-commerce business
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.