PDU Cloud RAN
Cloud RAN seeks to work closely with our customers that are passionate about the delivery of virtualized RAN solutions. We try to accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. We challenge established flow with new methodologies and are active in open-source communities
Systems DevOps Team
Organization looks at continuous integration/deployment and solution integration for the e2e virtualized system
- Vertically (from the HW up to the microservices)
- Horizontally (e2e control, user, management planes)
- Systemically (performance, robustness, serviceability)
What are we looking for?
- Evaluate and propose AI/ML algorithms used to optimize Cloud-RAN system (production and product)
- Act as an influencer to enable world class development environment and stellar UX developer experience (data visualization)
- Propose new research studies and run POCs with stakeholders to evaluate ideas and applicability to aligned organizational goals
- Ability to speak-up and challenge status-quo, while championing speak-up inclusive environment and gaining stakeholder consensus using fact-based analysis
- Able to architect and present requirements for creating and maintaining data pipelines including underlying infrastructure to diverse audience
- Create and influence overall competence upskilling of team in AI/ML domain
- Expert awareness and knowledge of latest AI/ML techniques and SOTA tools
- Act as liaison with suppliers and developers to link academic research with industrial deployment
- SPOC with university, government, and SMEs in MITACs, IEEE, NSERC, Accelerate programs
- SPOC with CR, DNEW, ER, S&T to further ongoing projects and new research areas
- Bring diverse top AI/ML talent into Ericsson by actively participating in intake interviews
- Prior experience in test automation development, uplifting test cases and performing automated quality assurance via CI/CD pipeline enabling tools & AI/ML powered observability dashboards
- Change agent and driver of world class developer efficiency via digital testing, shift-left, DevOps, canary deployment, code instrumentation for advanced system monitoring
In addition, to be successful in this role you must have
- A masters or Ph.D. level degree in computer science, electrical engineering or data science (AI/ML)
- Expert working knowledge of industry AI/ML tools and 3PP software
- Strong theoretical background of best AI/ML algorithms and approaches
- Experience with multiple programming languages (e.g., C, Matlab, Julia, Java, Python, Perl...)
- Expert understanding of the Linux ecosystem and with Linux kernel
- Above average knowledge of cloud-native core principles, DevOps, ADP, microservices, K8S, Docker, Helm, CI/CD, React
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Self-motivated, driven, results-oriented
- Ability to work in teams and mobilize people around you
- Innovative, adaptive, and able to work well in a dynamic environment
- Ever curious and able to think out-of-the-box to come up with simple solutions for sophisticated tasks
- Agility to experiment, fail and learn
- Display ownership of tasks and go above and beyond to meet customer expectations
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- We are always looking for individuals that get excited about innovation and have a proven track record of identifying innovative solutions to tackle legacy issues
- The team believes that the right candidate will also care about diversity and inclusion, encourage speak-up environments, maintain safe-spaces in the team, and come with a strong can-do, customer centric and collaborative attitude!
What’s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of adventurous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. In addition, we offer flex working hours and hybrid work policies so you can focus on what’s important! Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless
Are you in?!
Recruiter: Helena Tavares
Hiring manager: Dimple Thomas
Do you believe that an organization encouraging an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed builds better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation?
At Ericsson, we do!
For more information about Ericsson, please visit our website: http://www.ericsson.com/ (http://www.ericsson.com/)
Ericsson would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview
The health, safety and well-being of our employees is our priority. Successful applicants will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to employment. Except for those positions designated as 100% remote, successful applicants who did not provide the required proof of vaccination will be required to test weekly and wear masks at all Ericsson and customer facilities. This includes employees with medical or religious exemptions with testing as an accommodation. Compliance with government and customer requirements regarding vaccination may preclude unvaccinated applicants from employment for a particular job.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : British Columbia : Victoria || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : Newfoundland and Labrador : St. John's || Canada : Northwest Territories : Yellowknife || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Nunavut : Iqaluit || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Québec || Canada : Quebec : Saint-Laurent || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Yukon : Whitehorse