Data Science team in the R&D department focus on using data science and AI in industrial automation, mostly in industry, food, automotive, and Semi domains. Also, the data science team is involved in innovative research projects such as improving human-machine harmony in factories.
What Makes This Position Unique?
Omron is an international manufacturer of industrial automation products for modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive, and semiconductor industry. The R&D department in Den Bosch is our company’s knowledge center. Here we develop new technologies and products such as industrial PCs, HMI, AI products, mobile robotics, fixed robotics, and system integration, which our B2B clients can then use to build the perfect machine.
The Data Science team is an OMRON internal Start-Up and our industrial automation market still needs to embrace the full potential of data science. Within the data science team, you will have lots of opportunities to improve your knowledge in Data Science, Data Engineering, and Industrial Automation domains. Also, to collaborate with other department such Software Engineering Department in the projects.
What Are We Looking For?
- MSc or BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial automation, Mathematics or alike.
- Programming experience in Python; data handling packages; visualization tools, such as Plotly Dash. Experience with developing data-driven solutions and some Machine Learning techniques such as, Time Series Analysis, Clustering, and Classification.
- Interest in Industrial Automation for Food and Commodities, Automotive, and Semiconductor Industry.
- Start-up mentality. You are open minded, flexible, take initiative and know how to sell your good ideas. You work within a team but also have a DIY attitude when needed.
What Will You Do?
- Design and implement Data Science Models such as anomaly detection, predictive maintenance, and process mining, showing methodological approach.
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, and maintain your Data Science solution in the real factory such as data collection consists of data pipelines from (IoT) sensors and low/high level control components to your Data Science platform.
- Develop scalable data pipelines to transform and aggregate data for business use, following software engineering best practices, and continuously improve existing solutions.
- Build experience in Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet of Things (iIoT), Digital Twins, and Asset Administration Shell.
- Develop your craftsmanship as a Data Engineer by using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Work with machine-to-machine communication protocols like MQTT, OPC UA, Kafka.
- Work in international teams from the different Omron locations, within Europe, USA, and Japan.
- Work in internal/external projects and projects within consortia.
- Write white papers, patens, portfolio presentations to show-case the team achievements.
What Is It Like to Work At OMRON?
Since Omron's foundation in Japan in 1933, the company has been driven by providing solutions that improve people's lives in an innovative way. Decades after, we strive to live up to the values of continuous innovation driven by social needs, challenging ourselves during the journey and treating others with respect, encouraging their potential.
This is translated to the everyday activities in our production center in Den Bosch. You will join an environment where you can lead innovation and contribute to society in a sustainable way. OMRON offers you growth opportunities in a stable, well-established environment that keeps on growing steadily every year. We take proud in having a welcoming, open, and inclusive environment.
Do you see yourself working at Omron and leading innovation?
Sounds Like You?
We invite you to apply via our Careers Webpage (https://industrial.omron.eu/en/careers/vacancies) with your CV and motivation letter stating why do you see yourself working at Omron and what catches your attention from this opportunity. Questions about the role? Please contact Amanda Ruiz, HRM Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 0655227764