Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic brands like Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Kraft Peanut Butter, Kraft Dinner and Heinz Ketchup. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like CRAVE. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
About the Position
The data scientist / project manager position is part of the Commodity Risk Management function within KHC Global Procurement team. The role is responsible for deploying a Commodity Trading and Risk Management digital solution for KHC global portfolio of commodities. It is a key position that will play a critical role in progressing the function to the next level of advancement via implementation of best-in-class digital capabilities. The position will have an opportunity to be a part of a large organizational transformation of KHC’s Commodity Risk Management business processes and tools. The candidate will have an opportunity to participate/lead the implementation of the future-state KHC Commodity Risk Management platform on the cloud and manage related enhancement projects. Reporting to the Global Head of Commodity Risk Management you will be working in a high performing team, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level.
In brief, you will be responsible for:
- Represent Commodity Risk Management as a core member of a broader cross functional project team that includes members from third party solution provider and implementation partner, internal KHC Finance and IT teams to successfully deploy the new Commodity Trading and Risk Management digital solution on time and on budget.
- A hands-on IT Project manager, able to write functional specs, test cases, perform testing, write training guides, conduct user-training workshops etc. Able to translate business challenges into technical requirements. Dive deep into details of the system applications to ensure quality, while understanding the big picture objectives of the project. Lead and perform business problem definition and solution modeling with the objective of keeping it as simple and efficient to use for business key users as possible. Lead the implementation of upgrades, new releases, and new functionalities of Commodity Trading and Risk Management System, as needed.
- Candidate will be responsible for becoming an internal expert in the future state KHC Commodity Trading and Risk Management platform.
- Develop and leverage a deep understanding of Kraft Heinz global commodity portfolio spend by business unit by commodity, coverage strategies and market fundamentals. Design routines to deliver timely, rigorous, and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, costs, purchase price variance, and inflation etc. to support business decision making and strengthen the control environment. Support month-end and quarter-end close process, in conjunction with the global and regional procurement finance teams, to generate timely and accurate team results for subsequent consolidation and reporting to the key leadership stakeholders. Work closely with the entire global procurement team, risk managers and procurement finance teams to ensure that annual standards are appropriately set. Supports commodity team with timely preparation for weekly/bi-weekly/monthly meetings with respective stakeholders. Support ad hoc reporting requirements and/or special projects.
- Process Standardization/Optimization : Lead regional and global process standardization initiatives. Continuously improve analytical capability, developing and deepening understanding of commodity exposures and drivers within it. May also facilitate the development of cost models where possible to identify commodity costs that may not have been currently clearly broken out from total purchase price. Interface with regional and corporate functions across procurement, finance, accounting, and treasury to understand and analyze hedging activity impacts across the business and program expansion opportunities. This includes developing tools and metrics to provide better insights into the hedging activities and key performance drivers for the team.
- Compliance Monitoring : Facilitate and oversee effective and consistent compliance and controls, both internally and externally, while ensuring financial integrity of the Commodities Spend Data. Provide constructive challenge to risk managers to ensure they are compliant to approved coverage strategies. Oversee daily mark-to-market value on existing commodity hedges, perform value-at-risk and market volatility analysis on uncovered portion of global commodity portfolio.
! Please note that you need to have a Working Permit for either EU or the US to proceed for this position. Please make sure you put your nationality on your resume. Unfortunately, we cannot proceed with candidates who need support for a working permit.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business, finance, mathematics, economics, supply chain, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Work Experience. Minimum 5 years in a similar field with a global CPG company or with a global consulting company that specializes in large scale digital system implementations for CPG companies
- Must Have
- Hands-on experience of deploying at least one of the leading CTRM solutions such as SAP Commodity Module, Open Link, Triple Point, EKA Software, Kiodex etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau data visualization software suite
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including ability to create pivot tables and macros.
- Ability to design and employ a solid change management plan to ensure high user engagement, acceptance, and adoption of newly implemented digital capabilities
- Ability to deal simultaneously and effectively with many global stakeholders
- Sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Detail orientation to ensure data accuracy under time pressure to deliver.
- Experience managing vendors and consultants.
- Understanding of basic commodity risk management techniques.
- Working knowledge of any of the following platforms – Bloomberg, Reuters, Fact Set, Future Source.
- 1-2 years of managing a team of analysts / data scientists
- Language Knowledge. English
- Communication Skills
- At Kraft Heinz you will easily be exposed to senior management, no matter your level. Therefore, it’s important you have excellent communication skills, to deal with all kinds of different stakeholders.
- Confident / Ability to give pushback
- You are a go getter, you are not easily thrown off your game, not even when you get resistance.
- You can bounce back after a disappointment or set back, big or small. And always continue to move onward & upward.
- Ability to Simplify
- We like to keep it simple. And to execute fast. Your ability to simplify will be highly appreciated, when you provide simple solutions dealing with complex challenges.
- Commercial Sense
- You do not only want to win ; you hate to lose . You are always seeking for opportunities to expand your business and create more savings, while over delivering your targets.
- We are a very data driven company. You know how to translate complex data into a simple solution with your strong analytical mindset.
- Result driven
- You do not only focus on your own results, but always do what is best for the company.
- Curiosity, positivity & enthusiasm
- You are curious, positive, and enthusiastic. People know you as the driver of the team.
- Time management skills
- Time management has no secrets for you. You are organized, structured and always have an overview of all the deliverables. You know how to bring multiple projects to a successful ending within the given timeframe.
- Networking skills
- You can be interesting and interested in business conversations, motivating people to want to be in your network. The stronger the network you have, the more easily you can get things done. You, highly aware of that, are constantly expending your network.
- Empathy – listening to the customer
- You are known for your empathy. You listen more and talk less, and therefore truly understand your customer. With that mindset you create commercial chances to optimize the customer experience.
- High pressure
- You do not get easily stressed by pressure, on the opposite, a demanding and dynamic environment is what keeps you energized.
- Team player
- Achieving results is nice but achieving results with the team is simply the best. You are a team player, which means you are sometimes a leader, sometimes a follower but always working towards the same common goal together with your teammates.
What we offer you / You deserve
- An ambitious employer: we only want to be the best for you.
- A fast career track like only few other companies can match.
- A competitive salary and excellent bonus structure (above market).
- Permanent contract: for we believe in doing big bets on people.
- Reimbursement travel expenses.
- Always room for new ideas; if you have an excellent idea, please let us know and we can set it in action!
Location(s) : Chicago, US or Amsterdam, NL