- Dynamic team, critical to providing community water and sewer services.
- We offer ongoing career opportunities and value diversity.
- Flexible hybrid work from your home and the office (Maroochydore or Morayfield
At Unitywater, we operate in a diverse and inclusive environment where no two days are the same. We provide essential water supply and reliable utilities services to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions that account for 16% of Queensland’s population. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to service our communities with smart and environmentally sustainable practices.About the role:
The Senior Operational Data Scientist is a key member of the operational branch at Unitywater. This role focuses on leveraging operational technology and data-driven insights to optimise and improve Unitywater’s operational performance, efficiency, and reliability. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for applying advanced data analytics techniques to extract valuable insights from operational data, develop predictive models, and implement data-driven solutions to enhance Unitywater's water and sewer systems.About you:
If you are highly analytical with a passion for leveraging technology to drive operational excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on the water and sewer services provided to our community.
To contribute to Unitywater’s values of Reliability
, Honesty & Integrity
, One Team
, you will demonstrate the following skills and qualities for the role:
Working at Unitywater:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or related field or extensive experience with data science.
- Strong knowledge of data science and analysis techniques, including statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, or MATLAB.
- Extensive experience in development of Power Bi reports and dashboards.
- Experience with operational technology systems, such as SCADA, sensors, and instrumentation.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the water and sewer industry will be advantageous but not essential.
Unitywater is one of the largest employers in the region, offering continuous investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements and a rewarding environment. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that supports individuals to reach their full potential.Proudly Unitywater:
We know that we are smarter, better, together. That’s why we are committed to working in a team that includes values the unique contributions of all our people. Unitywater actively encourages candidates with all abilities and diverse backgrounds to apply.How to apply:
Please apply onlineApplications close: 8th October 2023
Successful applicants will be required to undergo relevant pre-employment checks as required for the position
Unitywater is a part of the Circle Back Initiative and we commit to respond to every application.