Data Analyst (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Working within Data Management Team who are responsible for :
- Translating, onboarding and validating client data and ensuring storage in consistent format
- First point of contact for all data issues in the branch
- Supporting various functions within the business on specialist data and reporting needs.
- Producing data analysis and reports for internal and external clients
- Develop and manage data transformation scripts used for various client data.
- Data cleansing, profiling, mapping and mining.
- Develop and support various ad-hoc reporting needs for both external and internal clients.
- Support business requirement gathering activities especially on their data and reporting needs.
- Ensure data stored in consistent format and in line with treaty arrangements
- Support and improve where possible tools used in the team.
- Determining, monitoring and reporting the quality of client data.
General Duties and Tasks:
- Liaison with internal and external clients to fully understand data content to maximise the benefits to the business, uncovering possible weaknesses and working for their correction.
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements for data using appropriate tools and techniques, and ensure these are agreed at all levels throughout the business.
- Managing own work priorities; working in a highly organised way. Managing colleagues’ expectations.
- Ensuring data used in various work streams are of good quality and up to date.
- Working independently or together with colleagues as appropriate.
- Produce quality written and numerical material appropriate to purpose
Key Skills and Experience
- Data analysis and data management skills
- VBA, SQL Server and MS Excel and Access
- High level of numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to investigate data issues and apply cost benefit analysis
- Understanding of insurance /reinsurance business
- Technical / commercial knowledge of Longevity business
- R, Python and/or other Data Science syntax and knowledge
- Power BI or other Business Intelligence software knowledge.
- Experience of performing data audits
- Demonstrable experience of working with relational databases e.g. Oracle and/or SQL
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Degree in Mathematics or related subject or relevant equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for delivery of client requirements
- Well organised, with ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
Here at Munich Re we endeavour to offer our staff the opportunity to grow in a challenging, ambitious and diverse working environment. We believe that your commitment to apply your outstanding knowledge shapes the future; the future of our clients, of Munich Re and of course your own.
If you would like to know more, please contact Lauren Tyrer on email@example.com
Apply now! Apply for this Job!