CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
CGG Data Hub are looking for innovative graduate data scientists with a passion for programming, technology, and an enthusiasm for analytical and problem-solving challenges. Our data scientists play a vital role in the continual development of our digital transformation strategy and geoscience analytics.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing technologies and efficient workflows to manipulate the outputs from a machine learning driven document classification pipeline. This will include using these outputs to identify, extract, transform and load data to the database. Furthermore, there will be opportunities to assist in backend development and building visualisations. You will work alongside geological subject matter experts, data engineers and machine learning engineers.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude towards learning and the flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction.
Data Hub is a growing and dynamic team of scientists and developers who love solving complex problems. We provide leading edge technology solutions and services to solve our clients’ data transformation and analytics challenges across a range of industries including geothermal, environmental, hydrocarbon and mineral exploration. You will be working in an open and collaborative environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop. We have an informal team culture and believe work should be fun and rewarding.
The role has a choice of two locations: either Crawley,
a town next to London Gatwick Airport and just outside the M25 with excellent transport links to Central London and the South Coast; or Llandudno
, a seaside town in North Wales surrounded by some of the most beautiful and dramatic scenery in the UK and with good rail connections to Manchester and Liverpool.
Our application deadline is 31st January 2023
but we would encourage you to apply whenever you feel ready. Our application process consists of 3 stages: CV screening, Technical Test and Final Interview (via MS Teams or On-Site).
Please include a cover letter with your application. Note we do not accept re-applications.
There are two graduate intakes planned for 2023 with one in early spring and one in late summer/early autumn which can be discussed during the application process.
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a scientific discipline. You will also have experience of working with data and knowledge of data processes, software and databases.
What do we look for?
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience of data extraction, cleaning and transformation techniques
- Practical knowledge of databases and SQL, OCR and of PDF page description and common image formats
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially focused on continuous improvement of workflows
- The ability to manage project deadlines and communicate effectively with clients
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
The Following May Also Be Beneficial
- Machine learning techniques including NLP, NER, and computer vision
- Knowledge of graph databases such as Neo4j
- Other programming languages such as Java
- Git, CI/CD, containers, Kubernetes
Gradcracker, LinkedIn and the CGG Career pages are good places to investigate how life at CGG is. Our Hub Webinar should give you an indication of the working environment and the projects graduates work on within the Data Hub team!
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes - gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
- Sponsorship of visas/comprehensive relocation packages
We are Flexible
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap - our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub. In addition to that, a Coursera license is also available to the Data Hub team!
We Care About The Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.