What We’re Looking For:
Green Flag is going through an exciting transformation to be a leading digital and data business within the motoring industry! We have started our transformation to develop cutting edge cloud-based data and analytics platforms (AWS) to inspire staff to use data in creative ways to develop data products to improve and personalise customer experience and drive commercial value. Our small but growing Data Science team is central to the development of future products. We are now looking for a Senior Data Scientist on a permanent basis. This role will be based remotely with occasional travel to either our Leeds or Bromley sites.
This role will play a leading role to deliver our data product strategy by enabling the effective use of data to drive better decision making through machine learning and analytics solutions. The Senior Data Scientist will have access to a wide range of internal and external data sets, such as digital customer journeys, breakdown data and sales data. This is a hands-on technical leadership role. Data science analysis and modelling will be the primary focus, but experience in data engineering will be a plus. Technical skills will include:
- Maths & Statistics: Skilled at modelling complex business problems.
- Machine Learning: Able to build models – utilising distributed computing where appropriate – and work with engineers to deploy them in new or existing software applications.
- Programming & Advanced Computing. Experience in the practical application of Python for business solutions is a must. Experience in AWS machine learning tools, such as Sagemaker, would be ideal.
- Data management and preparation: Able to query, prepare and analyse data in structured methods a range of databases, notably SQL.
- Consulting: working in dynamic environments, problem solving for commercial challenges.
- Data Visualisation: Such as AWS QuickSight, Tableau, or open source tools.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Own and lead a number of key data science initiatives identified in Green Flag’s product strategy.
- Clear and actionable insight through advanced analysis and interpretation of multiple complex data sets.
- Able to prototype solutions to bring data science outputs to life for business stakeholders.
- Contribute to the deployment of data science outputs, either through automated solutions or programming into production systems.
- Mentor and sometimes direct the work of other team members, especially more junior members and stakeholders new to data and analytics.
- Contribute and input into our data strategic road-map, especially by contributing to how Green Flag develops more machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to better enable the business.
- Demonstrate and lead the “art of the possible” showcasing new capabilities and driving innovation within the immediate data science team, Green Flag and wider data science community in DLG and identify other capable stakeholders.