Our Siemens Motion Control (DI MC) Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of products, systems, solutions and services in the field of motion control. This includes around 20,000 employees and the four business segments. With its worldwide plants, R&D and service locations, MC is close to its customers and at home in a wide range of industries.
At General Motion Control (GMC) we are one of the world's leading suppliers of industrial drive technology.
Our electric motor plant in Bad Neustadt an der Saale is a pioneer and showcase factory for digital industrialization in mechanical processing. Together we redefine manufacturing applications and create intelligent solutions to make machines even more efficient.
With your expertise, you enable our customers to operate their production machines even more efficiently. How? You will recognize hidden patterns in the operating data of the machines that help us to take industrial drive technology to the next digital level.
Your algorithms are therefore an important contribution to the responsible use of resources in industrial production!
Change the world of tomorrow with us.
- As Senior Data Scientist you will work in a team of data analysts, AI specialists and B/W developers on the development of B/W solutions for industrial manufacturing.
- Together with domain specialists you will gain deeper insights into industrial applications, using AI methods, sophisticated statistical methods and data analysis technologies.
- Close collaboration and local integration with one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities allows for collaborative creation and immediate feedback on how well your ideas and their results fit into a truly productive environment.
- They develop complex algorithms using state-of-the-art methods of signal processing, statistics and advanced data analysis: from the idea to the finished software.
- You keep an eye on technological developments and are therefore happy to work out your own inventions and patents.
- You analyze data from complex industrial systems and find patterns and correlations in them, recognize anomalies and derive possible measures to optimize the operation of the respective system.
Your profile for Making the future possible.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- Master´s University degree (doctorate is an advantage) in computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering.
- You have many years of professional experience with technologies, algorithms and methods in the fields of signal processing and statistical and technical data analysis.
- Programming skills, especially in Python and Java combined with knowledge of analytical libraries are preferable. Experience in agile software development is an advantage.
- Experience in project work in research and development, especially in the field of data discovery and data science is highly desirable.
- We believe your profile is exciting, if you have knowledge and experience with modern analysis and simulation frameworks, including Matlab.
- Experience in mechanical engineering/with industrial drive technology is an advantage, but not a must.
- A fluent level of spoken and written English is needed, German is an advantage.
- The advantage of this position is that you can immediately see how your data models work on the machine and receive unfiltered feedback from the machine operator with whom you are building a relationship. Your work is meaningful and your knowledge on site allows you to continuously improve your skills.
- After initial training home office is possible 2x a week.
Diversity is important to us - we like to work with people from different backgrounds, since we value and respect different perspectives, ideas and ways of working.
https://new.siemens.com/ - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.