Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
As a Healthcare Data Analyst III, you will be a critical resource to the Moda team in our efforts to provide actionable data to our teams that manage benefit designs, optimize formularies, improve rebate performance, and create clinical programs.
- Collaborates across multiple teams to understand business needs, analyze complex data, and clearly communicate recommendations.
- Under general direction performs complex research and analysis of healthcare claims, enrollment, rebate data and other related pharmacy data to provide insight into utilization and identify areas where enhanced clinical management and/or programs may be effective.
- Uses evidence-based clinical research and analytical standards to build reports and models to provide care teams actionable data.
- Uses analytical tools such as SAS, Excel, and Tableau to organize, summarize, and present data in a meaningful way.
- Provides market research of trends and innovative ways to increase clinical efficacy and address pharmaceutical trend in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy Services.
- Occasionally, reprices pharmaceutical programs using vendor data.
- Thinks creatively about how to solve ad hoc reporting problems or meet specific business needs, given the data available.
- On occasion, makes presentations to internal and external stakeholders about pharmacy cost and utilization.
- Writes and maintains documentation related to reports and projects.
- Participates in and may facilitate work groups and committees. May provide a limited amount of project management.
- Collaborates with the other members of the Pharmacy and Corporate Analytics teams to expand analytical capabilities, methods, and toolkits.
- Provides guidance or expertise to less experienced analysts.
- Other Duties as assigned
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in data science, (bio) statistics, mathematics, or another similar field. Master’s degree preferred.2. Minimum 5 years’ experience using health care data, preferably pharmaceutical data. 3. Strong understanding of pharmaceutical pricing and supply chain flow.4. Aptitude for working with a diverse set of health care data sources, flow, and limitations. 5. General understanding of peer review and research in evidence-based healthcare. 6. General understanding of NCQA and data reporting for HEDIS.7. Ability to transform and integrate data from multiple tables, databases, and/or systems. 8. Demonstrated ability to use data to drive organizational change in strategy, workflows, or results.9. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.10. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.11. Strong working knowledge of SAS and a preference; Tableau skills a plus.12. Brings a structured, rigorous approach to solving business problems.13. Ability to work well under pressure and with constantly shifting priorities.14. Ability to project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.