Continuing our journey towards a truly global consulting organization, with our region at the forefront of cross-border collaboration and smart delivery, a Europe West Tech Hub is being established in Portugal, focusing on leading-edge SAP, Cyber and Analytics capabilities which are on-strategy for Consulting and another essential star in the constellation of the regional Technology Consulting hub-and-spoke model.
The Tech Hub acts as a provider of subject matter expertise, solid strategy, solution architecture design and delivery capabilities to local teams in all Europe West markets, from the early stages of demand generation and pursuit leadership, all the way through to delivery and support.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an Azure Data Scientist, Consultant, you will be focusing on architecting solutions and managing client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of clients to deliver tech consulting services, and managing business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop your skill set to keep up with the ever-growing demands of the data science landscape. As a key leader within the firm, you will help our clients navigate the complex world of modern data science and analytics. You will provide our clients with a unique perspective on how data science and analytics can transform & improve their entire organization – starting with key business issues they face.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Understanding clients' data strategy, business priorities, and success measures to provide context for designing and building models;
- Translating business requirements to Data Science solutions leveraging strong business acumen;
- Applying technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business needs, AA/AI roadmaps, and contributing to architectures that enable the ability to scale to support additional modelling use cases (e.g. Azure ML, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, etc.);
- Collaborating with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects and Data Platform Engineers in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform;
- Designing machine learning pipelines that curate datasets, train, test, and validate models, compare model performance to existing or previously catalogued models, and then package the models and either deploy them to a real-time serving layer or handle batch scoring activities;
- Foster collaboration between DevOps and data science teams within organizations to build MLOps practices;
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and data mapping for technical design using a use case-based approach that drives the construction of technical data flows;
- Participating in large-scale client engagements. Fostering relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget;
- Provides directional guidance and recommendations around data technology, data models, data storage and data analytics;
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business;
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Playing an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree, or MS degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Machine Learning. Ph. D. preferred;
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands-on experience with data science, AI, and big data. Experience with data engineering is a plus;
- Good understanding of statistical and machine learning modeling with experience applying these modeling techniques to business problems;
- Machine learning using k-NN, naive bayes, decision trees, SVM experience required;
- Experience using data mining and statistical tools;
- Solid pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills;
- Knowledge of recommendation engines, scoring systems, A/B testing;
- Experience leveraging a variety of services to act as data sources such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, etc.;
- Hands-on experience with analytics and big data technologies within Microsoft Azure, with experiences in tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Databricks and Azure Synapse Analytics;
- Knowledge and experience with leveraging distributed techniques for training and scoring machine learning models, ideally using Azure Databricks;
- Knowledge and experience with one or more cloud available Machine Learning frameworks and tools such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch, ONNX, Weka, NumPy, PyMongo, etc.;
- Knowledge and experience with Model Management, ideally using Azure ML service and/or MLFlow as well as deployment of models using Azure Kubernetes Service;
- Knowledge of using automated machine learning (AutoML) frameworks to enhance productivity;
- Experience working in Python, R, Scala, and/or T-SQL;
- Extensive experience connecting to Data Platforms including data lakes, data warehouses, NoSQL databases, and APIs;
- Ability to set up data and experimental platforms;
- Ability to listen and understand the question and develop and deliver clear insights;
- Ability to deliver work independently as well as with a team.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience with ETL, ELT, data ingestion/cleansing and engineering skills;
- MS Certification: Azure Data Scientist Associate, Azure Fundamentals.
What We Look For
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data and AI industry. We want a customer-focused professional who is motivated to drive the creation of great enterprise products and who can collaborate and partner with other product teams, and engineers. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.