At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Welcome to Warsaw Site, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you.
What you can expect: great working atmosphere empowering you to reach your full potential, endless development opportunities and benefits like: medical & life insurance, lunch card, annual bonus, education cost reimbursement, occasional allowances (Christmas, holiday), Multisport, anniversary awards, additional time off, pension plan, business travel insurance, recognition programme, flexible working hours.
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
Digital Health R&D’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and partnerships, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most. Now we are further accelerating our transformation efforts to ensure we demonstrate the best in new technology and leading-edge capabilities to keep us at the forefront of future drug development.
Digital Health R&D is reimagining how we work to position AstraZeneca as an industry leader, making the development & delivery of new medicines easier. We’re doing this by harnessing the latest innovations enabled by digital, data & analytics and working with our people to craft and build the technology and working practices.
AstraZeneca’s Digital Health R&D Patient Health & Innovation organisation develops digital solutions to support our development and commercial drug portfolios. These digital solutions (e.g. Unify) encompass connected monitoring devices and sensors coupled with medical device software to:
Improve clinical development, through optimising data collection and improving communications between AZ, HCP and patients
Provide enriched data sets to support regulatory submissions, and differentiated labelling
Optimise real world medication use by patients and deliver digital interventions to improve clinical outcomes
As part of the Digital Health R&D the team will develop and execute AZ’s R&D Digital strategy. The program has already delivered the first versions of bespoke digital solutions for clinical trials globally, built on a standardized set of modules to enable identification and recruitment of patients, ongoing engagement and retention, support to sites and collection of data directly from patients.
- Analyse inputs from Data Domain Leads, System Owners, Data Owners, processes, guidelines and standards (including external regulations) to understand broader needs and requirements and support cross-function agreement on list of values and their definitions in compliance to internal and external regulatory standards.
- Research the relationship and impact of reference data to other data domains
- Work collaboratively with the SEUIT (Science & Enabling Units) Information Architects to address any challenges and find solutions for alignment to the common Data Model.
- Support impact analysis when change to list of values is being considered.
- Leveraging the Data Governance Framework share the outputs (value mapping, source data, terminology) at the Data Domain Working Groups to gain agreement of the “preferred values” with the Data Owners and SMEs across the business.
- Supports Data Standard Associate Directors, Data Domain Leads, Information Architects, Data Owners in driving forward data standardisation.
- Constantly develops data domain expertise (data standards, systems, metadata models, policies, business processes) in given area.
- Engage with Digital Health stakeholders to understand consumption demand and prioritisation for reference data.
- Work with the Information Operations Data Standards team to enable business stewardship of published reference data
- Be an active contributor to the goals of the Information Operations team to drive forward the objectives for implementing reference data into R&D.
- Support the Information Operations Lead and Data Asset Managers in delivering against AZ’s TRUST principles and the Data Governance strategies for Digital Health R&D.
- Solid understanding of the clinical trial management and pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong knowledge of the data domains used within clinical trial management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- General understanding of Reference Data technology and solutions.
- Effective verbal communication skills for working with multiple key stakeholders
- Familiarity with the SAFe framework, agile methodology and use of JIRA.
- Technical capabilities to extract data from source systems
- Written communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate with senior management.
- Travel – willingness to travel domestically & internationally (occasional)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!