MAKE HISTORY WITH US!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
As a Data Engineer at PMI you will develop data pipelines for ingestion of data to PMI landing zone using Python/Scala, Spark engine and various AWS services (e.g., AWS Glue, Lambda, EMR). You will also support our Data Scientist teams with data preparation and application management (Airflow orchestration, CICD with Git, Jenkins and JFrog).
Additionally, we expect you to improve the current level of automation of our platform as well as do code reviews for your peers.
We are looking for people with 5+ years of experience in Python, Scala (Java), SQL programming and code versioning (ideally GIT) as well as CICD management. We expect you to understand fundamentals of OOP and functional programing. You should also have hands on experience in ETL/ELT (data processing, preparation of automation of pipelines). Experience in AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS Cloud Formation and Docker+Kubernetes will be an asset.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge and 5+ years of proven experience working with: Python (advanced), Scala (Java),Spark, SQL programming, Building ETL processes, Code versioning (GIT/SVN),Data ingestion from APIs
- Problem solving skills
- Quick learning of new technologies
- Experience in AWS Glue, AWS CloudFormation and AWS EMR would be an asset
- Experience with Airflow is nice to have
- Experience with Docker on Kubernetes would be an asset
- Experience in Big Data stack (Hadoop ecosystem) is nice to have
WHAT WE OFFER?
- private medical and dental care, life insurance;
- lunch card (Sodexo)
- remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements;
- employee pension plan;
- multisport program;
- cafeteria program;
- wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
- free bike and car parking for all employees.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE HISTORY WITH US?
- Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Handle production support issues as they arise (problem solving, debugging).
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
- Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted.