In this role, you will work in close collaboration with leaders to provide ongoing review, analysis and reporting of data from existing and emerging activities, services and initiatives, while ensuring data is valid, reliable and complete. You will perform data analysis to generate comprehensive reports and supports a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Ensures internal, external and public reporting needs are met by gathering and negotiating reporting requirements from customers and stakeholders, communicating requirements to technical resources and following up with stakeholders regularly to develop and implement an examination process for the final reports.
- Develops reports, dashboards, presentations and briefing documents for multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes operational problems and recommends innovative solutions by critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs, and driving and challenging business assumptions.
- Works in collaboration with program leaders and provincial partners to monitor program plans, measure progress towards goals and objectives, and identify the key factors that account for any deviation from stated goals and objectives.
- Identifies issues with complex data and takes initiative in working out optimal solutions with appropriate stakeholders to improve accuracy, timelines, coordination and other data issues.
What You Bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, Health Informatics, Health Sciences, or related discipline
- 2-3 years of recent experience in data analysis, health evaluation, project/program management, preferably in a large, multi-site health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate advanced data manipulation, analysis, and information presentation using Microsoft Office suite, database and statistical software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in preparing professional reports and presentation materials.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical ideas in simple language.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Casual
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Requisition # TOD100821
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other health authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information, visit email@example.com
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all positions at PHSA