Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Principal Data Scientist who will be a member of a program's Data Science Team. Our ideal candidate will create data exploitation architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. This position will be based in Chantilly, VA.
- Creates data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. Analysis may have many applications such as to address a national security issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization
- Utilizes strong statistical and data visualization skills
- Uses and applies technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks
- Develops recommended solutions to technical problems as assigned
- Submits work for review of soundness of technical judgment, quality, and accuracy
- Contributes to the completion of assigned technical tasks
- Frequently collaborates with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the section or group
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and
NGMSCIMS #LI-M-105Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience, or a PhD and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. An extra 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Experience in two or more of the following: R, Python, C++, Hadoop, SQL Database/Coding, Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or visualization tools such as Tableau
- Demonstrated experience in performing on data science projects in multiple domains, providing new capabilities to the organization and customers
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems with structured and unstructured data
- Experienced in applying statistical and data visualization skills.
- Proficient in applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques of analyses containing many applications.
- Experience developing solutions to address a national security issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, data science, data analytics, business analytics or a related field
- Additional technical skills developing data science applications using languages such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jupyter Notebook, Matlab, Paradigm or DataRobot desired.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and participate in determining objectives of assignment. This includes planning schedules and working independently to achieve objectives.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.