We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data and Analytics team. You will be responsible for the design, development, programming methods and processes to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data sources to generate actionable insights and predictions for stakeholders across the business. In this role you will engage business partners to translate data into business opportunities through advanced analytics methods. You will identify opportunities and support the design of new tools in collaboration with the business stakeholders. Our Data Scientists’ develop software programs, algorithms, and automated processes that cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large data sets from multiple sources. They lead the development of predictive, preventive, and proactive data and analytics products.
The data-team is a multidisciplinary team that consists of Data Engineers, Data Scientists, BI Specialists, Digital Analysts and Business Analysts. Its main responsibility is to enable and lead data driven decision making. It provides products, insights and projects that make it possible for the business to make educated decisions. The work that the data-team does is incredibly diverse due to the fact that we work with all departments within the Decathlon business (pricing, logistics, HR, marketing, finance, online, etc.).
- Data mining from internal and external sources
- Contribute to empowering the organization to make data driven decisions
- Proactively come up with findings and data insights
- Application experience in advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- Monitor data quality and consistency
- Developing and validating statistical and machine learning models
- Contributing to translation of business problems into data insights and advanced analytics solutions
- Developing and maintaining standards for Data Science
- Creating and maintaining thorough documentation of infrastructure and related processes
- Sharing knowledge and learnings with the team
What do we ask from you?
- Experience in advanced statistical techniques and machine learning models
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as Python, R, Scala, Julia, SQL is a must.
- A broad knowledge of retail with experience about pricing solution is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools required; such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, Power BI, etc.
- Ability to quickly grasp different technologies and use them to solve problems
- Collaborative code development experience, including version control, code review and sharing
- University Degree in Data Science/Big Data
- Proactive with good communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of ETL and experience working with cloud data warehouses, GCP/BigQuery experience is a plus
- A passion for sports!
What Do We Offer
- A great sports culture and a lot of sportive colleagues who want to sport with you
- Holiday allowance
- 24 vacation days
- 20% discount on our own brands
- Decathlon academy training sessions
- Shareholder plan
- Travel Allowance
- Pension plan
- Possible profit sharing
- Decathlon started in 1976 and is originally a French family business
- Our mission at Decathlon is to make sport accessible, in a sustainable way, for as many people as possible. That's why we want you to be as passionate about sports as we are
- Our four core values are: vitality, responsibility, generosity and authenticity
- We are active in 60 countries worldwide with more than 100,000 employees and more than 1700 stores
- In the Netherlands we have 22 stores, a head office (Amsterdam) and warehouse (Tilburg). We now have more than 1500 employees in the Netherlands
Decathlon is committed to inclusion and non-discrimination, and thus acts daily in favour of disabilities, seniors, social mixing and equality between men and women. Above all, we recruit personalities and diversity within our teams is a major challenge because it is a source of innovation and performance.
WHAT DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
- Application by means of your CV and motivation letter
- Introduction by telephone (Room for your questions!)
- First interview
- Second interview
- Contract proposal
- Welcome to Decathlon!
Do you have any questions about this role before you apply? Please get in touch with email@example.com
We welcome feedback on our recruitment process, if you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.